ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fully spec'd 200 Vs turbo'd Trophy

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
I'm in a predicament...

I've got a GW 200 fully spec'd including, cup chassis, leather Recaros, satnav etc etc which I use for my daily and cover approximately 20 miles per day. It's done just over 17k on an 11 plate. I keep it in very good condition.

I have seen, as I'm sure most you you guys have a beautifully prepared turbo'd Trophy for sale. It is expensive for £10k, but what's it's really worth?

The Trophy would be replacing my 200.

What is my 200 worth?

Link to Trophy

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...hy-turbo-336hp-400lb-torque------2005/1635587

Your input would be much appreciated. :D

It is very nice. But definitely not worth 10k! Even if it would cost more than that to build.

TEN THOUSAND POUNDS...

Bare in mind repair costs, if the engine happens to s**t itself. Ktec map etc.

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
I know mate, but all those goodies and all that power in such a mint little Trophy!!!

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
It's worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. Is that person you?

This is true, much like anything else. Hmmmm I don't think I am willing to part with that much though. I am just interested to see how over priced people think this is...and this is not a 'how much is it worth' thread either.

RenaultSport 172
It's a tough one. Always is with highly modified cars. People always say they are worth peanuts but there's always someone out there prepared to pay more as its the right spec for them

Don't get me wrong I think it's awesome.

But you have a 182 race car for your kicks and giggles.

Do you really need all that expense and power for just your daily drive etc? Not as if it would ever see track realistically is it?

Be it is bloody rapid though.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Don't forget that the running costs/maintenance will be a lot more than a standard clio and when it potentially all goes wrong you need to be prepared etc.

I'd never own a turbo clio purely because I'm not mechanically minded or competent enough to do or check things myself really.

M2 Comp
Seems odd that somebody would spend that kind of money building a car like that and only do 300 miles in two years....

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
Don't get me wrong I think it's awesome.

But you have a 182 race car for your kicks and giggles.

Do you really need all that expense and power for just your daily drive etc? Not as if it would ever see track realistically is it?

Be it is bloody rapid though.

I know I know, I'm just a bit bored and fancy a change . I get like this with any car!

Evo 5 RS
^ My thoughts exactly. Time bomb. Unless you're handy with a spanner and know your way around 1*2 well, don't touch it with a barge pole. Buy something turbo and quick to start with.

Turbo Trophy Evo 8,
I'd pay around 7.5K, a mint standard trophy should sell at 5K, so 7.5K, i'd say is reasonable.
Hi,
The car has been built with reliability as the main concern, the only problem the car has come across is 1 boost pipe kept blowing off, this has now been sorted with bespoke item, its not the norm build, its running the megane turbo unit. It has been very reliable as it was serviced often and looked after, I do drive hard.
The reason for not using is that I have a young son and family and the car is not my in concern anymore, mint Trophy in standard spec with this mileage go between £6500 and £7000, mine is faultless,and has been engineered to a high spec, its can run @ 1.8bar its only at 1.2, well under the thresh hold of stress.

​Thanks Darren

Turbo Trophy Evo 8,
Hi,
It was built mainly for track days in mind, it has been over engineered that's why it cost me so much to build, all this speculation and the first person to see and test drive will buy as its a fantastic bit of kit, you cant even tell its been played with, then when you plant it you cant believe the performance, 336 bhp per tonne, more torque than an Audi R8 V10, need i say more!!!!

Thanks

​Darren

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
Hi Darren

I am interested mate, but 10k seems strong. Yes as Steve said, what brakes has it got?

​G

Turbo Trophy Evo 8,
Hi
I wanted to keep the car as standard looking as possible so the routes I have taken is to keep this in mind so I went for high carbon discs and carbon lorraine g6 pads so that it looks standard and I have not had one single issue with the brakes no fade and I brake very hard and late and has so much feel,I dont want to sound a dick but I work long and hard so money hasn't really been an issue with the car so if it's needed to keep it reliable its had it, I'm a 41 year old so i'm no boy racer. In the ad I haven't gone into every detail of the build so it does sound quite exspensive, but just put this into your mind, just look at the price of a mint turbo technics 205 gti, if you want more info just call me or even come and see the car, people cant really comment until they have seen it in the flesh or driven it and lets be fair and honest, price per pound per bhp you have to go turbo to get good gains, it all modern technology and Renault parts which has had billions pounds of testing, thats why it reliable.

​Darren

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Not wanting to shoot down the capabilities/effort put into this car - but isn't there sometimes a case for having too much power?

Mid-200's I'd be looking for ideally in terms of bhp, without over-burdening the capable chassis that these little Clio's have got. That said, I clearly haven't driven it so I can't realistically comment. But the 'too much of a good thing' argument would be at the back of my mind!

​D.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I'd love this thing. Amazed it hasn't got brembos on the front though..they are pretty cheap to pick up. Apart from that its a quality piece!

The dampers might need more rebuilds due to the power etc and the gearbox...I'll leave that to the experts. I would have thought that should have had an upgrade

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Nah-- but I will work my way back up to a V6, Ph2 or something.- Its here not being used in the garage on 26k. But Im happy with it for now :) unless a significant offer came along -