ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GAME (over?)

DCi
the one near me was open tonight, there is nothing in stock though. my sister said points on cards are frozen, i had all of £8 so i aint bothered as there was literally nothing i wanted

dk

911 GTS Cab
Whilst its clear I do not have a degree in economics, why do companies do this?

Why do they have 2 sets of shops, both owned by the same company in competition?

Theres a PC World with a Currys next door by me, why do they think this is a good idea, when they are both owned by the same company :S

Is it because if a customer has a bad experience with Say Game, they go to Game station? I dont get it?

Also, why did they have so bloody many stores. Theres 2 Games and a Gamestation in the Merry Hill Centre. Why do they need that many in 1 shopping centre?

Surely the people who make these decisions are highly educated? So why do they not have any common sense?

Currys and pcworld are joining into one store now, the one by me, the closed the pcworld and changed the currys into a pcworld too.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Glad I used up all my reward points and a £5 discount code last week on the downloadable Xbox Live Points.

I see shopto are offering a whopping £3 trade in for a game reward card....

Shame (but not surprising) it's only new customers though, might see if I can setup a new account.

DCi
random question but what day do shopto usually ship -i have a pre-order that's out on Friday and I wonder if I will see it early...

dk

911 GTS Cab
Just thought, I have always used gameplay for all my pre-orders and every single one came early, I'm going to have to choose a new retailer to place my trust in now :(

DCi
yup used to use play but they started shipping for the exact release date so now i use shopto, will have tiger woods when i get home tonight a day early :cool:

dk

911 GTS Cab
Rumour is that opcapita have purchased game for a pound £1, they purchased comet for £2, they don't like to splash out do they ;)

Goliath I
I worked for MVC a few years ago when it went under.

A group called Argyll Partners bought the company, sent their people to each store and gave us promises of a new direction with fresh ideas and a revamped company direction.

Stock was immediately slashed by upto 75%, they claimed it was to boost money for the company and so they could bring in fresh stock from new suppliers.

The company was put back into administration about 2 months later, Argyll Partners had made millions from their little purchase.

So I probably wouldn't get to excited if I worked for Game.

Evo 8 MR
Anyone used these recently?

I've just tried to place an order for the first time since the mess they got into. I add the item to my basket, click checkout and it takes me to a sort of account overview section.

I tried updating my details but then every time I go back in to update all the previous details are gone.

Weirdly it still shows I've got reward points and it says hello steven etc in the middle of the screen but that's it no other details are there.

Evo 5 RS
I wouldn't even entertain them online now personally. Although the store in my local shopping centre seems pretty active at the moment

Anyone used these recently?

I've just tried to place an order for the first time since the mess they got into. I add the item to my basket, click checkout and it takes me to a sort of account overview section.

I tried updating my details but then every time I go back in to update all the previous details are gone.

Weirdly it still shows I've got reward points and it says hello steven etc in the middle of the screen but that's it no other details are there.

When I pre-ordered Ghost Recon they cancelled it for me the day before release.. :/