ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaming headphones

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
If you don’t need a mic then don’t look at gaming headsets. A set of headphones at the same price point will sound better anyway.

S-JM

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Ah no bother, I've got some good standard headphones but I recall that I couldn't get them to connect to the PS5 so wondered if you needed specific gaming headphones or if any would connect via BT (just not the ones I tried before).

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I got some Steelseries 5 arctis 5's few years ago and they do me ok , the mic extends in or out whenever you need it. Handy really so it's not i nthe way when not using the mic. When not in use there's a red led light on the tip so you know the mic isn't on

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I got some Steelseries 5 arctis 5's few years ago and they do me ok , the mic extends in or out whenever you need it. Handy really so it's not i nthe way when not using the mic. When not in use there's a red led light on the tip so you know the mic isn't on
To add to this, I have a pair of wireless SteelSeries Arctis 9X and a pair of wired Arctis 3, both great headphones for gaming and the hideaway mic is nice.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone have a good sub <£100 recommendation for some gaming headphones to use with PS5? I don't play online so don't care about microphone inclusion, but I play quite late at night so would opt for some good headphones rather the TV volume on low with subs.

If you don't mind wired I recommend these. Better than a lot of more expensive options imo. I've got these and Sennheiser game ones and they're both as good as each other imo. The H6 Pro mic can be removed too if you don't want it in the way all the time even though it does fold up too.

You could also go the route of normal headphones as suggested too but imo for gaming headphones these are about as good as you get at sub £100. Also I personally prefer open back too partly I'm just used to it but it gives a wider soundstage so better for directional audio cues and I prefer to hear my surroundings. They do closed back too if you prefer that.

EPOS H6Pro - Open Acoustic Gaming Headset with Mic, Lightweight Headband, Comfortable & Durable Design, Xbox Headset, PS4 Headset, PS5 Headset, PC/Windows Headset - Gaming Accessories (Sebring), Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09FPCVHVN/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Last edited:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Now that I use a separate mic I think I'll be going wired Sennheiser next. Such good quality headsets.

Although I know for a fact I'll end up walking away from my desk whilst still wearing them and it'll tear everything down onto the floor 😂 So used to wireless these days.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Now that I use a separate mic I think I'll be going wired Sennheiser next. Such good quality headsets.

Although I know for a fact I'll end up walking away from my desk whilst still wearing them and it'll tear everything down onto the floor 😂 So used to wireless these days.
next time I’ll take a look too, I’ve always been a wired connection