ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaming Spec Laptop

RS Meg 175
Can anyone reccomend me a half decent laptop with a high spec, ideally to be able to game on as well.

I know i will get better quality and more bang for my buck by building a desktop but i need a laptop.

Need this as cheap as possible really to!

Best i have found so far is an Acer on Laptopsdirect for £540 odd.

Any guidance would be helpful :)

Thanks

172 Cup
Depends what games you want to play and what your definition of "able to game" is.

£540 isn't going to get you a decent gaming laptop unless Minesweeper is your idea of a good game.

£1500+ will get you a good gaming laptop however.

This is cheap, will run almost all games (bar crysis), don't worry about the refurbished part they are all brand new or very nearly new and come with 12 months warrenty and you can return it of you don't like it! Also has blue ray!

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/sto...m=null&tm=null&sku=959409&category_oid=-32665

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P8400 (2.26 GHz, 1055 MHz FSB, 3 MB Cache) Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium 4 GB Memory 320 GB Hard Drive Blu-ray Combo Drive 17" HD BrightView Widescreen nVidia GeForce 9600M GT Graphics Webcam Wireless Enabled

Also check the Toshiba Qosmio range, I have one and they're ace!

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Can anyone reccomend me a half decent laptop with a high spec, ideally to be able to game on as well.

I know i will get better quality and more bang for my buck by building a desktop but i need a laptop.

Need this as cheap as possible really to!

Best i have found so far is an Acer on Laptopsdirect for £540 odd.

Any guidance would be helpful :)

Thanks

^^^ - is that a definite? You probably do have a sure fire reason for wanting a laptop, but normally I find people get wrapped-up in the idea of having a laptop...... then leave it on the same bloody desk for two years. ;)

They are a massive compromise m8, over a gaming desktop. If you need a laptop, then you need one. But just double check if you can't get away with a desktop instead.

D.

Better than yours. C*nt.
This is cheap, will run almost all games (bar crysis), don't worry about the refurbished part they are all brand new or very nearly new and come with 12 months warrenty and you can return it of you don't like it! Also has blue ray!

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/sto...m=null&tm=null&sku=959409&category_oid=-32665

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P8400 (2.26 GHz, 1055 MHz FSB, 3 MB Cache) Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium 4 GB Memory 320 GB Hard Drive Blu-ray Combo Drive 17" HD BrightView Widescreen nVidia GeForce 9600M GT Graphics Webcam Wireless Enabled

Also check the Toshiba Qosmio range, I have one and they're ace!

Sorry but a 9600mGT won't do much gaming nowadays. Had one in my old laptop and it just runs out of puff far too soon.

As Darren said, identify that you need a laptop but be ready to do without the games for your budget, which in blunt terms is pitiful for a gaming laptop. I wouldn't spend that little on a boring normal laptop because i'd like a decent build.

RS Meg 175
thanks guys, i see where your coming from.
I could get away with a desktop probably it would need to be relatively small and cheap though? i have built this pc i am currently on just to chuck that in the mix lol.

It is a good spec but the case is f*cking enormous p182, so if it needed lugging around it would be a pain in the arse.

Nissan 350z
I only use gaming laptops, and have done for the past 4yrs or so. But as said above the laptops ive used have both been £1300 odd in price at time of purchase.

http://www.rockdirect.com/
I used their "buy now pay in six months" finance deal. Its great so long as you can pay it all off within the time and not rack up any fees :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
thanks guys, i see where your coming from.
I could get away with a desktop probably it would need to be relatively small and cheap though? i have built this pc i am currently on just to chuck that in the mix lol.

It is a good spec but the case is f*cking enormous p182, so if it needed lugging around it would be a pain in the arse.

Quality case. I've got the older P180. :)

D.

Cupra
For the cost of a top spec laptop, you are probably better off getting a good spec desktop and a notebook/ simple laptop along side it for travelling with for the same price I would have thought?

Unless travelling and gaming is your priority of course.