ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaz gold clearance

Philip Griffiths

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
Hi. Fitted brand new gaz golds to the 182 last night. On fitting the rears found there’s next to none/if any clearance from the spring to the body/inner wheel arch.

It was late when we finished so I haven’t had a proper look yet to see if ifs something I’ve done but I was wondering if this is common and the best way to resolve it if it is.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
That's how they are mate. It's quite limited space there but rest assured, it clears. And it only bounces up and down so it won't hit body.

Pics of my Gaz's when I had them fitted. I know there GHA's but I think the rears have the same diameter.

2023-02-10_06-31-22.jpg
2023-02-10_06-31-33.jpg
2023-02-10_06-32-53.jpg

Philip Griffiths

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
That's how they are mate. It's quite limited space there but rest assured, it clears. And it only bounces up and down so it won't hit body.

Pics of my Gaz's when I had them fitted. I know there GHA's but I think the rears have the same diameter.

View attachment 1631138View attachment 1631139View attachment 1631140

Thanks for that. Have you got a photo of the drivers from behind/below. As mine look closer. But like I said it was late when we finished so I haven’t had a proper look with the wheels on the floor

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for that. Have you got a photo of the drivers from behind/below. As mine look closer. But like I said it was late when we finished so I haven’t had a proper look with the wheels on the floor

This is the only other photo I have. But I've swapped them now for BC's. However they are a full coilover unit now and I'm pretty sure there the same diameter as the Gaz's.

2023-02-11_11-35-59.jpg