ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gd cleaning session and painted drums

V6
Hey peeps i decide to give my car a gd wash as weather been so nice recently. I used step 1 megs paint cleaner and step 2 megs polish. Followed by Turtlewax Namo wheel wax with sum megs tyre dressing.

just need to sort out this missing wheel cover and a refurb on my rims and thats the car complete :) .

cars080.gif

cars078.gif

cars079.gif

cars074.gif

And I painted my rear drums black a few weeks ago as they were letting rest of car down
cars063.gif

my car at modified nationals
modednats1.gif

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
not into big wheels n fancy splitters n skirts n that but got to say thats VERY VERY nice mate, spot on not over the top but just right, looks more like a factory fitted kit!

MK2 boot lock and remove the renault badge (could always remove the clio one too but i like them on) and it will look spot on

V6
Martin_89 said:
not into big wheels n fancy splitters n skirts n that but got to say thats VERY VERY nice mate, spot on not over the top but just right, looks more like a factory fitted kit!

MK2 boot lock and remove the renault badge (could always remove the clio one too but i like them on) and it will look spot on

cheers mate im not a fan of big kits etc aswell i like cars to have subtle styling thats why ive been carful not to ruin subtle ness of the car. i spent awhile chosing mods for it carfuly as wanted my car to be indervidal but not to ott :).

Martin_89 said:

MK2 boot lock

agree. looks very tidy, impressed here.

1.6 Si
Clio R said:
And I painted my rear drums black a few weeks ago as they were letting rest of car down
cars063.gif

QUOTE]

What did you paint the drums with as I want to do the same? Hammerite Smooth perhaps?

V6
Limowreck said:
Clio R said:
cars063.gif

QUOTE]

What did you paint the drums with as I want to do the same? Hammerite Smooth perhaps?

yes mate i used black hamrite smooth gave it three coats. took my time with even coats as didnt want it to sag or have any runs happy weith results.

V6
Limowreck said:
Cheers, off to get some now, I'm guessing about 30 mins between coats?

yeh its touch dry after 1 hour its says on tin but mine were dry after 15min but i left it 30min between each coats to be on safe side

1.6 Si
Clio R said:
Limowreck said:
yes mate i used black hamrite smooth gave it three coats. took my time with even coats as didnt want it to sag or have any runs happy weith results.

Cheers, got the black smooth hammerite & did mine today, took me ages though as it was so hot I kept leaving about an hour between coats and having beers. Massive improvement, not so smooth though but neither were the drums before hand - just hope it won't crack or peel! Try and paint my front girling callipers later this week, can't decide on whether to go silver or black, hmmm?

V6
Limowreck said:
Clio R said:
Cheers, got the black smooth hammerite & did mine today, took me ages though as it was so hot I kept leaving about an hour between coats and having beers. Massive improvement, not so smooth though but neither were the drums before hand - just hope it won't crack or peel! Try and paint my front girling callipers later this week, can't decide on whether to go silver or black, hmmm?
mine were realy crappy before hand with rust etc mate just used good old wire brush then cleaned drums down before aplpying coats so came out smooth as i cud get