ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GDI Demo car!

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
Just thought I would introduce our demo car.

Those of you who went to the Tuner GP would have seen it.

Black Clio 182

Modifications so far....

Omex Standalone ECU (Mapped by GDI)
Shrick Cams
Jenvey ETCC Single Throttle Body (cable throttle used as well, gets rid of fly by wire system for better response)
YozzaSport Air Intake pipe (expansion chamber design) with Viper on the end (only works currently with the Jenvey Body)
YozzaSport 182 Road Exhaust (under 98db)
YozzaSport Bilstein Monotube Coilovers (Fully adjustable damping and ride height) 225lb front springs with helper springs.

Power is currently 208bhp at 6500 rpm and 173 ft/lbs at 5500 ish!

If anyone would like to come and see the car, your more than welcome. Just give me a call.

01954 719 007

The idea of this kit is to be road friendly and be easy upgradable to full individual throttle bodies, if you want to.

Lee

BMW M2C
I went out in it at the weekend. It really does shift, and that was with the full interior in.

Very road friendly, though personally I'd have a quieter exhaust. Felt like it handled well from the passenger seat, a lot more like my Trophy.

The exhaust is lovely, a single back box and hidden totally by the rear bumper.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/AndyGDI/P1010621.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/AndyGDI/P1010613.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/AndyGDI/P1010611.jpg

P1010608.jpg

Very nice.
Any prices?
How much for battery relocation?
As benji&eka why the jenvy throttle body?
Any headwork or mods to the intake manifold, I assume it has to get that power.
I know its a ball ache to type it all out but a bit more technical info would be good.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
its a longer body, got a really nice linkage on it and allows use of the omex and cable throttle.....

no headwork or manifold work at all.... (inspection welcome as well!!!!) its totally std there... the mods listed are the ONLY mods!

battery moved to allow the straightest line into the manifold.

ben from AWT is matching the manifolds soon to see if we can get a few more BHP from it.

Andy when is your website going to be up and running.
I take it from this demo car you are in partnership with yozzasport?
Will you be useing his website for your conversions?
Also whilst on this subject there is no where on the web for Renault clio sports that offers engine package upgrades ie. phase1, phase2 etc. to give staged upgrade packages which would be IMO a good idea and would follow other tuning companies websites. Is this going to be on yours or Yozzas site?

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
Mark

Our website will be live in a few days, although not all of the products will be available when it goes live... I am working hard to get these sorted asap.

The Black car belongs to GDI.

I have base tuning packages that have bolt on's rather like 02! cams etc etc there is a choice from many manufactures on this... I dont limit these to specific makes, although I of course favour some depending on how well I feel they work.

The site will have full online ordering system (this works now!) and many many parts like SFS hoses, Chip system, ECU's, Wheels, Tuning packages etc etc etc.

I am aiming at next day delivery but of course this might take a while to sort out, so please bear with us during the first stages of the site going live.

please do call us for help and advice, myself and the team at GDI are here to help as we are enthusiasts ourselves, as you can see from the track pics.

Andy

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
was nice of you to help out fred, you made a good part of the team....!!! ;-)

yes, but we raised it..... and i now prefer it.

just for reference Fred likes his cars low... if anyone did not know that!!! (yeah right!)

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
that might have been the amount of fuel I was throwing through it..... it used half a tank in 15 laps..... but that is track time.... on the road its showing about 30 mpg.

Andy GDI said:
P1010618.jpg

Yoko Parada Tires..... this was after 42 laps of donnington!

What camber/toe you running?
I have 225lb springs and pug-sport billies on my 205 rally car and they are stupid hard on the road but great at speed.

Lionel Richie
2deg neg camber and slight toe out

i haven't driven the car on track yet, look forward too

oh and Cutler don't get me started!!! (podge!)

how's the handbrake Darren???

Lionel Richie
rixty rine

(we're pretty good at going off topic!!!! LOL)

anyway,

nice car

Fatboy, did you sort them wheels, or do they need to be done again??