ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox Oil

Hi i had a recon gearbox fitted 14k ago and im just wondering do i need the oil changing in the box ? Or will it be fine for a while yet ..?

Cheers

Rich

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Gearbox oil is allegedly not a service item. Dont think Haynes manual says anything about changing it.

I changed mine for Redline which has improved things at 76k. Anything to try and prolong the life of the box.

Titanium 182

what can changing the oil do for the gearbox?

also whats redline? special transmition oil?

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Redline is a good brand of oils from the USA. Demon Tweeks sell them. Their website is pretty informative and if you do a search, you find recommendations from several car clubs etc.

Clio Phase II 16V

Just like the engine oil, remove the drain plug from the bottom of the gearbox, there is also a pulg on the front of the box, take this out to release the air lock.

ITB Hybrid+Cup+Scenic II

Very easy...

Loosen the plug in the bottom of the box, lossen filler plug too, as the oil will run more easy... even better if the oil is warm..

Put butt plug back in (ups.. sorry :oops:) fill through filler hole using a flexible hose or similar.. fill untill it comes out the hole, approx 3,5L.. tighten filler cap..

done..

:)

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Just take a contianer to renault and ask to fill it up with the factory fitted elf 75w80, think it costs about 5-6 a litre.