ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

General idea on cost

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Hey guys wondering if people could help give me a general idea on how much ££ il be needing to save, i have a Black mk2 1.2 16v dynamique which is a 53 reg.

i have my heart set on an arctic blue or inferno orange 182 looking on auto trader the prices ranges quite alot, or what i have noticed anyway, i done a rough insurance quote with 3 years ncb looking at around 1,700... ouch. would £7,000 be a fair amount to save for a 182 incl. cost of insurance or do you guys think i will be looking to pay £8,000 or even £9,000 in total?

Also very confused about the CUP spec and FF etc... i read somewhere briefly on here about them but i was still left abit confused... which is the spec which comes with the leather interior? if someone could briefly clear my confusion on this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Clio 172, Clio 200
Hello, I don't know a great deal about the 182's I'm very new to clio sports but I do consider myself pretty good with insurance. That seems pretty high for a 182, who have you quoted with? I would suggest I can help you get that at least 200-300 cheaper if you let me know who you got that quote with.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Hello, I don't know a great deal about the 182's I'm very new to clio sports but I do consider myself pretty good with insurance. That seems pretty high for a 182, who have you quoted with? I would suggest I can help you get that at least 200-300 cheaper if you let me know who you got that quote with.

The problem is i am only 20, not 21 until november and my insurance doesnt renew till december, so still sat on 3 years ncb. i done a rough quote on a comparison website, with the quotes ranging from 1,700 all the way to 3,000, not phoned or got in contact directly with an insurance company, im currently with direct line.

How old are you? That sounds a lot for someone with 3yrs NCB.

EDIT: Just seen your new post, am not entirely suprised by that quote now

Clio 172, Clio 200
If you are 20 then having 3 years NCB is really good and will go in your favour. Direct Line are very expsensive for 20 year olds. The best company I think you will get quoted on is Bell (part of Admiral). Try a quote with them. Also how many additional drivers have you added?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
What is the rating of your postcode (as that might be a hinderance)?

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
How old are you? That sounds a lot for someone with 3yrs NCB.

EDIT: Just seen your new post, am not entirely suprised by that quote now

The downside to being young, my car is on 54k miles at the moment and want to look to sell before it hits the 60k mark. I am inlove with the 182's at the moment and i feel if i ended up getting a different car i wouldn't be as happy, so if it means having to pay 1,700 then i am willing to save abit longer

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
If you are 20 then having 3 years NCB is really good and will go in your favour. Direct Line are very expsensive for 20 year olds. The best company I think you will get quoted on is Bell (part of Admiral). Try a quote with them. Also how many additional drivers have you added?

Ahh ok i will give them a try, and no additional drivers, will just be me. i think im currently paying 500 fully compy for my car, would be annoying having to start paying 1700.

What is the rating of your postcode (as that might be a hinderance)?

How do i find this out?

Thanks

Clio 172, Clio 200
Ahh ok i will give them a try, and no additional drivers, will just be me. i think im currently paying 500 fully compy for my car, would be annoying having to start paying 1700.

How do i find this out?

Thanks

See that's the biggest mistake, adding named drivers is where you get the best price. The quote I just had for £1073 goes up to £1531 if you take off the named drivers. I have had my mum, dad and sister on my policys for years and they have never driven the car, just helps massively

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
I have just run a quick quote with Bell for a 20yr old with 3yrs NCB on a 182: £1073

Wow! that is a lot more reasonable! i will look into that company then, going by auto trader the 182s are going for 5.5-7k so im probably looking to save around 7-8k

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
See that's the biggest mistake, adding named drivers is where you get the best price. The quote I just had for £1073 goes up to £1531 if you take off the named drivers. I have had my mum, dad and sister on my policys for years and they have never driven the car, just helps massively

ahh so are these drivers then under my policy? or does this mean i get put under their policy? i never realised adding named drivers benefited! i would have thought it would bump the price up

Clio 172, Clio 200
No the policy is in your name. They are just named drivers on the policy so that they can drive the car fully comp as well if needed. They don't need to sign anything or even be spoken to. My sister has been on my policys for years and still doesn't know! It's 100% legal as well, why wouldn't it be. Admiral are also very good (sister company with Bell). What excess are you willing to pay?

Mini Cooper S sport
Also very confused about the CUP spec and FF etc... i read somewhere briefly on here about them but i was still left abit confused... which is the spec which comes with the leather interior? if someone could briefly clear my confusion on this it would be much appreciated.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=162405

Leather interior is 'full-fat', not the 182 Cup version. Cup version has cloth interior, manual air-con and no xenons (easiest way to tell at a glance is the washer blanks on the front bumper). They also only came in racing blue and inferno, whereas full-fat came in the full range of 182 colours.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=162405

Leather interior is 'full-fat', not the 182 Cup version. Cup version has cloth interior, manual air-con and no xenons (easiest way to tell at a glance is the washer blanks on the front bumper). They also only came in racing blue and inferno, whereas full-fat came in the full range of 182 colours.

Just the sort of information i was after! Thanks bud, i think im after the Full-Fat version, as id rather have the xenons and leather interior than standard cloth, do the inferno's still come in this version or is it only the cup?

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
No the policy is in your name. They are just named drivers on the policy so that they can drive the car fully comp as well if needed. They don't need to sign anything or even be spoken to. My sister has been on my policys for years and still doesn't know! It's 100% legal as well, why wouldn't it be. Admiral are also very good (sister company with Bell). What excess are you willing to pay?

Apologies for double posting but i never realise i had other comments before quoting, ahh very helpful bud as i didnt know any of this! im willing to pay 500 excess, the car would be on driveway, if able to then locked garaged if that would help out with the insurance at all

Clio 172, Clio 200
You would be surprised. Declaring a car is in a garage overnight actually increases your insurance. I would just declare it is parked on the driveway. With Bell and an excess of £500 the quote is now £977.00.

Mini Cooper S sport
Just the sort of information i was after! Thanks bud, i think im after the Full-Fat version, as id rather have the xenons and leather interior than standard cloth, do the inferno's still come in this version or is it only the cup?

You can get inferno in full-fat (xenons/leather) :) but they are fairly rare. Not as rare as LY and petrol blue though.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
If you're insurance is going to be the best part of 2k i'd try and save 8k and get a decent one and clear the insurance in one go, less to pay out a month then!

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
You would be surprised. Declaring a car is in a garage overnight actually increases your insurance. I would just declare it is parked on the driveway. With Bell and an excess of £500 the quote is now £977.00.

Wow i can't understand how insurance companies work but this is really cool, getting a quote at under 1000 is definatly bringing a 182 into my posession this side of summer more of a reality. Any other useful information i should know about insurance? Thanks for the advice and help by the way.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
You can get inferno in full-fat (xenons/leather) :) but they are fairly rare. Not as rare as LY and petrol blue though.

Ahh ok, yeah the LY and petrol blue colours are beautiful! Never seen either colours in the flesh

If you're insurance is going to be the best part of 2k i'd try and save 8k and get a decent one and clear the insurance in one go, less to pay out a month then!

yeah thats what i was thinking bud so around 7-8k roughly

Just done a failed attempt at an insurance quote on beatthatquote.com by doing multiple named drivers on my policy, turned out AA were the only company that would offer me a quote which was quoted at £6,828! hmmm :(

Clio 172, Clio 200
No problem, I spend a lot of time looking into it all. Obviously how many miles a year you declare saves you money. If you say you drive another car on a regular basis that helps alot too but obviously not possible for some people. Definately say the named drivers drive other cars on a reg. basis. Bell do a good deal which is particularly useful for younger drivers without many years NCB where you have a 10 month policy where you get 1 years NCB at the end. I find this great because you can have 3 years NCB built up in just 2 and half years and you are also getting your insurance 2 months cheaper.

Clio 172, Clio 200
Ahh ok, yeah the LY and petrol blue colours are beautiful! Never seen either colours in the flesh

yeah thats what i was thinking bud so around 7-8k roughly

Just done a failed attempt at an insurance quote on beatthatquote.com by doing multiple named drivers on my policy, turned out AA were the only company that would offer me a quote which was quoted at £6,828! hmmm :(

beatthatquote.com??? Who on earth. I spent a lot of time looking for the cheapest companies and for your age definately Bell or Admiral...3 named drivers all above the age of 25 for the best prices.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
beatthatquote.com??? Who on earth. I spent a lot of time looking for the cheapest companies and for your age definately Bell or Admiral...3 named drivers all above the age of 25 for the best prices.

its a price comparison website my friend told me about, like comparethemarket.com and thats helpful then i could put on my mum, dad and sister,

Really not sure what im doing wrong i got 1,700 the other week now all my quotes are 4 grand and up grr

Last edited:
  Arctic Blue 182
Im 21 and my Arctic Blue 182 costs me £1300 a year Insurance

That was with no NCB.

Due for renewal in March so hopefully will drop.