ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

general pointers

307 hdi (powered by derv)
Right folks,

The last few weeks i have started buying some new kit to get me motivated for cleaning. I washed and polished mine on wednesday and decided i liked it.

Therefor this thursday im attacking the girlfriends car before she goes back to uni.

My kit is as follows:

-Silverline Rotary polisher
-set of new sliverline graded pads
-microfibre towels
-lambswool mitt
-car shampoo
-mer polish
-turtle wax (wax)
-autoglym alloy cleaner
-ag bumper car
-ag tyre dressing
-window wipes

My plan is to:
-wash car
-polish with mer to a haze
-leave to dry then buff off
-wax with turtle wax
-leave to dry then buff off
-tyre dress
-dress bumpers
-polish windows

Anyone suggest any tips or pointers when doing this? Tips for getting the most out the polisher?

I know you will slate the products being used but i dont see the need to buy stupidly expensive swiss wax etc etc (imo of course).

Thanks all

Cheers for that Rich,

From your experience what couple of products would you recomend to put in my box which wont cost an arm and a leg.

I want the product (polish) to remove minor swirls and marks while giving a good finish.
Is my wax ok or does that need replacing?

Cheers for that, I have heard good things about poorboys. My mate uses to may pop round next time he does it to look at the results.

Saxo :(
I've used poorboy’s ssr 2.5 on 2 cars were other polishes have failed to work and it's been great both times. Have you used rotary or a pc before? If not you are diving in at the deep end aren’t you :p

As for the menz IP I have heard mixed reviews, some say it's fantastic and some say it's not so good. I suppose that can all be put down to personal preference and technique.

106 GTi
Menzerna is fussy when it comes to the temps it is used at - the likes of SSR don't come close to the finish it can produce.

Saxo :(
I have watched a friend detail his car with Menz IP and I was impressed with what work it did, but I can't really comment until I use it so I tend to keep my opinions regarding it to myself.