ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting another 172 today :)

audi a6 3.0tdi
I wrote mine off a few months ago and was gutted but instead of replacing it with a clio i bought a vectra diesel barge. All was going well for a while as turbos are cool and all that torque is great fun but the lack of revs and noise was annoying me.

I've been selling bits off my clio while looking for another one, finally i found a cheap higher mileage one on ebay. normally i would be put off with the high mileage but it'll be a second car and have pretty much a full car as spares for it :)

All going well i should be driving home in it tonight, its a black ph1 172 on an x plate so it won't be hit by the high tax. its bog standard at the minute but i've got goodies to go on it as soon as it get home. All interior and bits i don't need will be sold off so look out in the parts section.

Pics will follow when i get it home and its light

R56 JCW
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Im sure the mods wont mind this post, IM HAPPY NOW :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Chris give me a shout when uve got it!!!!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Excellent news Chris :D Plus I love the black ph1s, they look awesome! Will have to have a look tomorrow if you've got it. Glad you finally got it sorted anyway mate!

audi a6 3.0tdi
Will do mate, i'm really looking forward to it.

It'll be a minter when i've finished with it. i'm going to get all the subframes off my old one and get them all cleaned and painted, going to start cleaning my bottles, pipes and engine components off the old one to swap accross too. Hopefully i'll pursuade gaz to respray it :)

audi a6 3.0tdi
Don't know if it will ever live up to the old one, that thing was silly quick. May have to swap engines if it feels slow lol

audi a6 3.0tdi
110k ish but its got good service history with it though so the mileage isn't worrying me. i've bassically got a full other 172 to rob parts off it breaks anyway. :)

audi a6 3.0tdi
How do you work that out lol?

Mines had 44k on it when i bought it in March and shes tight as a ducks arse :eek:

the car has obviously not been driven very much which may be good for overall condition but it'll not be best ever for the engine. if its not being driven far the engine will be not getting up to temperature and also if its low mileage its usually coz its only done stop start stuff in town. ones that have been driven hard from the start usually end up quicker and having less problems. this ones been a motorway car so although its high mileage it'll of had a pretty easy life.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
So your saying because the car hasnt got the average mileage on it then it must be ragged and not cared for?

It is possible for people to use these as cars to be enjoyed (not ragged) enjoyed, and because there not doing it every day of the week they have been abuse?

:eek:

audi a6 3.0tdi
So your saying because the car hasnt got the average mileage on it then it must be ragged and not cared for?

It is possible for people to use these as cars to be enjoyed (not ragged) enjoyed, and because there not doing it every day of the week they have been abuse?

:eek:
no you mis-understand what i'm saying. Driving round town is not always best for cars as you are constantly stoping and starting which puts extra wear on components and also they are usually short journeys so the engine isn't given time to warm up and get to correct running temperatures.

I'm not saying your car has been ragged, far from it. I'd prefer a car that has been driven hard from the start.

320d
Good news mate, you said you where enjoying the vectra when i spoke to you at the warrington meet the other day. Although you did say you missed the 172.

Glad you back behind the wheel of something you enjoy driving. Keeping the vectra aswell?

audi a6 3.0tdi
yeah keeping them both mate its cheaper taxing both of them than it would be taxing a newer 182

audi a6 3.0tdi
Got the car now and its far better than expected. it does need all my mounts and the driveshafts of my old one fitted though. It also needs the exhaust and filter as it feels a little restricted. i'll soon have it sorted though.

i'll get pics up sometime tommorow when i've actually seen it in the light lol

Enjoy the car chap, glad it got back okay. Hope it does you as well as it did me.

John

ps the diesel regret is bad...

audi a6 3.0tdi
Enjoy the car chap, glad it got back okay. Hope it does you as well as it did me.

John

ps the diesel regret is bad...

Hi mate

my mate wants one now after driving it home so hopefully we will be buying a silver one that is local today.

i'll send you some pics when its got all its new bits on and its been machine polished.

Get a tuning box for the diesel i love the power of the vectra

Chris

53 Clio's & counting
will be a shock to your driving style mate lol, il never forget the first time i drove an RX8 now thats a lack of torque!

audi a6 3.0tdi
will be a shock to your driving style mate lol, il never forget the first time i drove an RX8 now thats a lack of torque!
i'll soon get used to it. black does look good in the flesh i've only ever seen it in pictures before

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
useless1-1.jpg

ZX6R B1H
seen as hes at work and im sat here at home and its outside my house :D

I'll put you alllll out of your misery. . .

DSC00006-7.jpg

DSC00007-4.jpg

DSC00008-4.jpg

DSC00009-5.jpg

DSC00010-3.jpg

DSC00011-3.jpg

DSC00013-4.jpg

Detailing done Properly by woots :D
DSC00010-3.jpg

ZX6R B1H
it looks like it needs a dam good polishing, fair few dents etc so i'll get Tony on that if you want £50 for a full car paintless dent removal and hes farking s**t hot. Front wing needs painting as its scuffed and bonnet needs painting apart from that, it will polish up fairly nice.

53 Clio's & counting
yeah i thought it was going to be that one chap, iv seen it for sale for a while, id hazard a guess you paid around £1700 maybe a lil cheaper

audi a6 3.0tdi
got a good list of things to do now i've driven it.

• change drive shafts
  • change all engine mounts
  • fit cat back sytem of my old one
  • change oil and oil filter
  • ditch the standard airbox- i hated my old one on the standard airbox too
car also needs a good polish and as soon as i get the decat and the coilovers they need to go on aswell.

i'm considering up rating all the suspension and subframe bushes on my old subframes when i get it of my other shell ready to fit to this one.