ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting desperate now - throttle pedometer testing

CLIO 172 2003
Following on from this thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-I-m-gonna-scrap-this-soon-I-m-at-my-wits-end

Is there a way to test the pedometer.
We connected the comp to the car and done a pedometer test.
So as we pushed the pedal down is the reading supposed to go up?

It registerd 5 then 85. Does this mean the pedometer is faulty?

We have changed the throttle body and it's still the same so would this mean the pedal sensor is at fault?

Any help is appreciated as I'm getting desperate now as I need the car for work.

172ph2
when you were testing it did you just had the ignition on or was the engine actually running?

I found mine does the same when I was trying to diagnose my limp home mode issues.

IGN on with engine NOT running - it jumped from about 5-60
With the engine running - it moved as expected but still limited to 60

upon visual inspection the valve was moving from | to -- so I just figured my cheap ebay EOBD reader was interpreting the data a little wrong...

I think the best way to test the pedal is, take it off, buy yourself a DMM (digital multimeter), set it to resistance mode, attach the probes to the contacts from the pedal and watch how the resistance changes as you move it. I have no idea what the values should be but you'll be able to see if it's consistent through the range.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm not sure testing Paedophiles is the way forward tbh.

CLIO 172 2003
i did wonder if that spelling was correct lol.

was tested with just ignition on,
with ignition on and the filter off as you put the pedal down should the butterfly in the throttle body gradully open as you pus the pedal down ?
as mine was remaing shut as we pushed the pedal done then opened near enough fully when it reached the floor ?

BMW M135i
With the engine stopped the throttle will behave like you say, entirely normal. If you run it with the filter elbow off you'll see it operates as you'd expect a throttle to when the engines running. And tbh a dodgy pedal is usually the two pots not matching up and it'll chuck an OBD light on or give weird revving not a missfire.

Oh and its a potentiometer btw.

CLIO 172 2003
in that case i give up and im gonna have to pay for it to be trailerd to mark fish to sort out.

Apparently i hear a roumer that the sainsburys i last filled up at were giving out leaflets to say they had contaminated petrol or something, intresting as that would be the fuel in my tank.