ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting rid of ABS

172 cup
Whilst ive got my engine out my car im thinking of getting rid of the abs system ,,, ive done this on a few cars on the past and i know when getting rid of the abs pump i will have to fit non abs bias valves ,,, im just wondering if it would be easier to get them from a cup edition car and remake the brake lines or just buy a wilwood brake bias valve instead ??

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
The cup bias valve seems crap. Just get an adjustable valve and rig up some lines to a four port MC.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
^you get too much rear bias doing that, use the cup setup as mentioned

Why wouldn't you just be able to just slacken the valve to give the desired effort? Seems to work fine on mine. :)

CLIO 182 PART CAT MAY 2011 64 copy.jpg

172 cup
Hi the clio cup setup on the image there is pretty much what i was gonna do ,, four port master cylinder , blank 1 port off and run 1 to the rear via a wilwood brake bias valve

LY FF182
Is there not a 3 port master cylinder you can use instead of blanking a port off? This is something I want to do to mine

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Is there not a 3 port master cylinder you can use instead of blanking a port off? This is something I want to do to mine

Don't think so. Just the 2 port for ABS and two types of 4 port.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Any idea of a part number for a 4 port master ?

Think the one from the 172 Cup is 7701205739 - 2xM10 & 2xM12 ports and 20.6mm. One from the Clio 2 Cup is an Alpine part ref 7711152036, has four M10 ports and 23.8mm. Think Andrewclio has said its originally from a 406 coupe v6.

172 cup
Think the one from the 172 Cup is 7701205739 - 2xM10 & 2xM12 ports and 20.6mm. One from the Clio 2 Cup is an Alpine part ref 7711152036, has four M10 ports and 23.8mm. Think Andrewclio has said its originally from a 406 coupe v6.

Cheers bud ill check with my mate at the motor factors tomorrow :)