ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting rid of my Yozzasport exhaust..........but what to replace it with???

ph1 172
My ears have had enough of my beautiful Yozza system on my 182:(
I have a silenced decat in and want to keep that as I prefer the throttle response with it in but can't live with a single silenced system. Don't want to put the cat back in at all! Strange?......well whatever:rasp:

-I like the idea of the scorpion rs192 systems being quiet even without a cat, but I have heard a very mixed review of the build quality and fitment issues?
-The piper system seems to have a similar design to the Yozza but with 2 silencers and the rear silencer is not straight through. Is this quiet?

Also may I add, when I state "quiet" I don't mean like a mouse, i.e standard system, I mean not intrusive in the cabin or droning etc.

What do we recommend peeps?

Oh and this does mean I will have a Yozza that is less than a year old for sale, it is mint;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I know you said you didn't want this, but when I briefly put my cat back on with my Yozza, was much much quieter. At certain rev's couldn't hear it whatsoever.

This, stick the cat back in and it'll be fine.

ph1 172
milltek with a decat is quite

Build quality of the Milltek's are fantastic though are they!?

I know you said you didn't want this, but when I briefly put my cat back on with my Yozza, was much much quieter. At certain rev's couldn't hear it whatsoever.

I has to put my cat back in the other week and your right it is much more quiet but it also made me realise how much sharper my throttle is without it!

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Ive got a piper with de-cat you can tell its there driving around town and it makes a very nice sound when planting it but you dont have to raise your voice or turn up your stereo . 70-75mph you can hardly tell its a aftermarket exhaust

ph1 172
Ive got a piper with de-cat you can tell its there driving around town and it makes a very nice sound when planting it but you dont have to raise your voice or turn up your stereo . 70-75mph you can hardly tell its a aftermarket exhaust

Does it drone at all?
And mine would be ever so slightly quieter as I have a silenced decat

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Removing yozza's is for people who like their hearing

EFA ;)

Piper systems are beautiful. It's what i'd choose. If you want something quieter still, the janspeed systems are really nice, I fit a fair number of these now. Those are the 2 that we supply and fit for 182's by choice

Titanium 182
I regret replacing my Yozza for a standard system, also the mid sections falling apart again - would never have got this with the yobbosport :(

ph1 172
I regret replacing my Yozza for a standard system, also the mid sections falling apart again - would never have got this with the yobbosport :(
Thats why I want to get the right "quiet" system. There are good quality ones out there
I won't miss the drone with having a decat there!

^^And thanks for that Danny
Am I under the right impression that Piper will make the pipe per order and possibly fit tail pipes that suit the customers preference?

RB 182
I have a scorpion fitted to mine.

It looks and sounds OK but the build quality is questionable. I've just had to have the centre section welded up after Steve from Birchdown told me it had a few splits in it. Said it was the second one that month he'd seen like that.

ph1 172
And thats exactly the sort of thing I don't want to be buying into!

I would love a BTB exhaust but the price is just too steep, especially when you can get a Yozza like I have which costs about £250 less!

ph1 172
I doing a search on here yesterday, I found that Shed Motorsport were doing a deal on the BTB systems at £495 delivered back in 2007.

Who is the best place to contact about the BTB systems, other than BTB themselves as I couldn't find anything about Shed are they still going?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
£650 direct from BTB (if CS member) only place you can get them new..

You wont be disapointed I swapped my Ktec for one (on a 172 mind) and the difference in build quality was unbelievable..

ph1 172
Thanks for that Jamie, £650 is still an awefull lot of money IMO.

Orbisoud are lovely pipes and seem to be fairly quiet and they are mega bucks too!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Milltek sounded lovely (and i HATE loud droney exhausts) just had some fitment issues on mine.

ph1 172
If you change your mind let me know ;)

Will do

if you're gonna get a new exhaust, why not just pay for a new center section on the yozza with a silencer or something?
Yozza do custom as well you know!

I thought about getting a silencer TIG welded in by a chap near me but then it kind of spoils the Yozza and if I was to ever sell it, it might put people off.
Also, its JP Exhausts that actually make the pipes and I think it would be quite costly for me to have that made. Also, that ties up more money into the exhaust that I currently have which I didn't really want.

One fussy customer:S

172 Cup
Milltek exhausts sound great - nothing wrong with mine regarding welds.

Mine is decatted and have had centre section removed and it's still nice and quite pootling around.

ph1 172
Milltek exhausts sound great - nothing wrong with mine regarding welds.

Mine is decatted and have had centre section removed and it's still nice and quite pootling around.

A friend of mine has the same setup as you, not too bad in the cabin but still abit loud for me!

With the centre silencer it would probably be fine

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
got one of it in driveway and revving but iphone dosent do sound justice ill get that uploaded when i find it

ill try get in car video and drive by also