ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Glaze/Polish Advice

Williams Clio
Im going to have a go at a big detail on my williams next week before heading off to le mans and would like some advice.

I have reccently bought a PC and have had a little practice with it already. I currently have the Poorboys SSR range for removing swirls and they seem to work pretty well.

I was wondering if i should also be using a paint cleaner or glaze with my current products. Currently my process is as below.

1. wash car
2. clay
3. SSR range with PC to remove swirls
4. SRP
5. EGP
6. P21S

Would a glaze or a paint cleaner be of any help and if so in what order to i use them and what products do people recomend. IM looking to add a deeper more wet look to my paint if thats possible

Thanks

Adi

106 GTi
A glaze wont really fit in with the SRP and EGP combo, you could use some Meguiars 7 Show Car Glaze after the EGP to add to the look before you use the wax.

To get a deeper look you will need to compromise and ditch the SRP and EGP, follow the SSR's with something like Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze and then wax.

A paint cleaner is not really a needed step unless the paint needs a chemical type deep clean before polishing. To create a better gloss at the polishing stage also look into the Menzerna range of polishes as they can create a higher gloss and better looking finish than the Poorboys SSR range.

Williams Clio
Thanks Rich.

One last question what about using a paint cleaner? would that fit in with my current routine or is not really required?

Adi

106 GTi
SRP it's self is a paint cleaner, if you want something a touch stronger you could use something else before the SSR's. I used to use Meguiars Medallion Paint Cleaner before it was discontinued.

If your claying and polishing there is no real benifit IMO