ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Go Pro Hero 2 Motorsport

Clio 172, Pug 106
We used on ok our bike helmets when was in the Isle Of Man...

Brilliant videos! well worth the money

about 2 and a half hours , you can also get a double backpack for extra battery life so doubles to 5 hours , 32gb card runs about 4hrs at 720p ....

we run several on our B14 skiff when racing .

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Check the new wifi-backpack for it

Epic!! You can control it from an iPhone/Android phone

Not just control it, you're supposed to be able to view the footage real time as well!

What is the battery life like for these?

2.5 hours comfortably from mine running at the full 1080-30fps. Plus they're rechargeable from a mini b usb so just about any powered car accessory will have a lead you can use to top it up.

Having said that I'm considering getting the additional battery backpack for it, doubles it to 5 hours, so longer time lapse shots are possible.

More often than not, you'll run out of memory card space before you run out of battery life.

I don't find this - I've got a 16gb sd card in mine and the battery dies after about an hour and a half. I think that's due to using the LCD backpack to line it all up etc..
But as someone else said you can charge it while you use it. I bought a usb cigarette lighter socket adaptor and a 1m usb cable - run that to the camera on the cage and you can record indefinitely. Charges continuously :D

Not just control it, you're supposed to be able to view the footage real time as well!

Yeah i'm stupidly excited because I have an iPhone mount on the oreca door card just to the side of me - so i'll be able to see all the footage and control the camera(s) on the roll cage :D

I'm gonna sell my current Go Pro Hero 1 with LCD backpack and get a Go Pro Hero 2 with the wi-fi backpack :D

Sorry to be a newb but whats the difference between the 1 and the 2? Also do they not just sell a kit with the camera on it's own as I just want the unit and none of the mounts etc! The footage from these cameras is awesome :)

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
I was doing a bit of research last month and I think it's generally just a good bit of difference in audio and video quality mate. Fair difference in price so you'd expect there to be anyway

Do a youtube search for go pro 1 and 2 comparison - a guy has done a load of side-by-side footage and the 2 is much sharper and a LOT better at low light levels

It also I think allows you to change the angle without changing the resolution. Version does ultra wide in everything except 1080p then it goes slightly narrower. In the 2 I think you can actually change the width of the shot manually.
And it has a 60fps slow motion mode in HD, and the still photos are a higher res

Worthy upgrade IMO

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
They great. I borrowed one for Anglesey, although still havent done a video for it. Come down in price i see aswell .

Well worth the money James - the quality of them is awesome and they're such a wide angle you can see your steering/feet/driving in them - so I really like sitting and watching them back to see where I could have improved :)

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I'm thinking about buying a 2. Would use the 2 for forward facing vids and my current 1 facing backwards.

Hard to resist lol.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I struggle to get 1.5 hours from my Sony video camera so 2.5 hours and being able to charge it from the 12v socket sounds good.

Well worth the money James - the quality of them is awesome and they're such a wide angle you can see your steering/feet/driving in them - so I really like sitting and watching them back to see where I could have improved :)
Yes thats why I'm looking at them mate because I need to relocate mine but it's got a narrow lens and can't get the wide lens anymore :(

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I hate these f**king threads. One day a thread like this is going to cost me £200+. Especially with the wifi backpack. Reversing camera anyone?

Oil Burner
They are superb cameras. I've got a hero 2 and although I've not been allowed to use it as i had wanted (in car stills) i used it go karting yesterday and the footage is exceptional considering it was indoors and only on 720p.

My only slight criticism would be that the battery life is poor and not the 2-2.5 hrs they claim. Mine also won't hold charge well. But they are amazing value and useful in tons of random applications.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm so tempted but just short of £200 for something I really dont need is stopping me right now.

That video scott posted makes me want one even more.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Been playing with mine more today, I knocked this up this afternoon to show all the different resolutions, frame rates, lens angles etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Quite impressed with the quality tbh, that quarter-speed shot looks really smooth.

Yup, capturing at 120fps gives you lots of options, but being WVGA only the resolution at that speed isn't that great.

Can also get 720 at 60fps so that'll run at x0.5 without issue, then there's 960 at 48fps as well which should also do x0.5 OK.

LY Megane R26
Been looking at these lately and them ebay ones seem very cheap! Is it to good to be true tho:/

Cheapest I found apart from that is around £250 from Amazon.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I used digigood for a lumix refurbed camera ages ago. Hasn't missed a beat and was like New.