ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

God dam stereo

Mk3 197 clio sport
Whats the best way to go about putting a new head unit in my car as the main thing is under the drivers seat any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
What do you mean the main thing is under the seat? A disc changer?

Changing head units is basically plug and play.

Mk3 197 clio sport
Its the cabasse auditorium 6 cd changer but there is only a small wire behind the HU in the dash the wires i normally use with the wiring harness is under the seat

Mk3 197 clio sport
Same as this behind the head
unit
63591127fad3d71a4caf9f0ecd1753a2.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
He's trying to swap the cabasse head unit for an aftermarket one. The cabasse uses a canbus connector, not iso ones like aftermarket ones. I remeber this being a big issue back in the early megane sport days as the only solution then was to fully wire in an aftermarket hu from scratch. I'm sure you will be able to get an adapter now. Do you have a car audio place near, or a Halfords? They might be able to help.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Only issue is moving the aerial.

The ISO connectors are tucked up behind the dash as it runs an extension under the driver's seat and the plug for stalk controls is up in there too. They are in my old project thread which I can't link right now.

Aerial just needs extending from under the seat to behind the dash and you're away.

Mk3 197 clio sport
Only issue is moving the aerial.

The ISO connectors are tucked up behind the dash as it runs an extension under the driver's seat and the plug for stalk controls is up in there too. They are in my old project thread which I can't link right now.

Aerial just needs extending from under the seat to behind the dash and you're away.
So the rite connections are already there

Mk3 197 clio sport
Now iv been informed by the brain boxes of Halfords that i need these and man there expensive over 100
981710e829d6ca5e42922fca7ab03eb2.jpg
e61faa208c5eb1c5e71b73c6bb7d384c.jpg

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
To match up with what?

If you're going aftermarket you get the adapter with it to go from standard iso plugs to the new stereo. You would need an adapter to get stalk controls working though.

But yeah the standard ISO plugs exist already, just the aerial that I couldn't find anywhere so had to extend.

Pull on the connector for the head unit controls and you'll see that the standard cables are a few inches further back than that

Clio 197
That first picture looks exactly like the adapter I bought in order to retain the stalk controls underneath the steering wheel. I've no idea what the cables in the second picture are for.

Clio 182
That first picture looks exactly like the adapter I bought in order to retain the stalk controls underneath the steering wheel. I've no idea what the cables in the second picture are for.

The cables in the 2nd pic are iso extensions - used when you want to relocate the HU - what model/year is the car in question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mk3 197 clio sport
The cables in the 2nd pic are iso extensions - used when you want to relocate the HU - what model/year is the car in question?

Its a 07 with the cabasse auditorium 6 cd

Clio 182
Its a 07 with the cabasse auditorium 6 cd

dors it say update list on the stereo? - by the sounds of it you need iso extension as your iso connections are under seat (?), then a Connects2 CTSRN005.2 - and aerial extension if this is under the seat also -

Have a look at dynamic sounds - theyre usually quite competitive with pricing