ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

god damn birds...

..and not the sort you get in clubs unfortinately..

..damn bird crap on my paintwork, appears to have eaten though an damaged it :( leaving a mark where it once splattered. Im always so good at cleaning it off so not to damage paintwork, but not quick enough this time :( any one had any probs like this, or how i could remove? other than future prevention of mounting an anti aircraft gun on the roof, and blowing the crap out of any bird that comes close! :mad: Looks like it maybe a trip to be body shop....

try polishing it out first, possibly using something with a a mild cutting agent or possibly t-cut, but if you use t-cut dont be tempted to use too much youll do more bad than good with it if you arent careful

Volvo S60 T5

When you got it out, treat ya paint work with amazing glase or diamond bright, adds a lovely shine and is meant to last 3 years, ive done my 172 with it and its great.

Contact me if you want some amazing glase as I can get it, not to sure on price.:)

Your paint work is metallic so dont use ordinary T-Cut as it will damage it with the cutting cmpound thats in it. Use metallic T-Cut then polish, works every time. Its damaged your paintwork because bird sh*t is very acidic and eats the lacquer!!

Thanks for the info guys! Ill give that a whril sometime soon. Tried polishing it out with my normal stuff, but didnt make a difference :(

Mike172sport - Cheers, I will bear that in mind when I have some money! Though I have been considering it, as I have seen other cars done and looks great!

Thanks again! :)

bloke at the body shop done mine. I always get the bird sh*t off asap but didnt realise it was there, one day was all it took to eat away.

Mine was paint protected when i got it so all that done was for nothing.