ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going for a drive.

Ph1 172.
I used to go every weekend. This has now become a once a month thing, but when i do go I bloody love it. I went for bank holiday Monday and I didn't get stuck behind a single car (A G-Wiz for 1 mile doesn't count) I had an absolute blast.

172 Cup
This thread is spot on tbh...with out days/drive's like this you can quickly lose sight of why you actually bought the car in the first place like you said or why you are building up a project.

I still go for drives. The day I stop is the day I sell the 182 and buy something bigger and comfier but more boring and diesel powered.

I tend not to do it so often over winter but come the summer months I like to take the car out for a proper drive regularly. A couple of weeks back I woke up at some ungodly hour on a Saturday morning so instead of rolling over and going back to sleep I popped out and did a quick circuit of Snake/Strines/Woodhead. It was just getting light and I had the roads pretty much to myself - The one guy I did meet saw me coming up behind and politely and considerately pulled over to allow me past. Nice little drive all round.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've done 600 miles in mine since I picked it up last Tuesday. About 100 of those had a purpose; the rest being purely for the hell of it.

:cool:

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I've done 2000 in mine since I picked it up 2 weeks ago :) I'd owned it around 30 minutes and it was straight upto hartside and accross to the lakes, awesome.

This thread is quite refreshing, theres been too many people lately talking down to others who may want to drive their car enthusiastically, which puts you off sharing the good times with others.