ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going from a 1.2 16v to a 172. Wise

2004 182 Black Gold

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 07 June 2005

Youll be fine, just dont take it past 88MPH.
^^^^ Otherwise you might get stuck in 1955 and have to set up your parents to get married!

Seriously, the 172 is fine to drive around like any other car. Youll only encounter problems if youre racing it around at high speeds on roads you dont know.

youll be fine.

You wont need to show off by driving like an idiot cos most people will be impessed by the car anyway.

........oh i wish id kept mine sometimes!

Yes, defo go for it mate. I went from a 1.4 nissan almera to a Mk2 172. After a few hours of driving it youll get used to it.

They are ace, and the pertrol consumption isnt as bad a people make out. I get 30-31 mpg around town and a little more on a run.

Clio v6

I went from a Saxo vts and didnt take too long getting used to the vast difference in power of my 172. Just take it easy for a while.

Once youve driven a decent handling and fast car the next time you drive a non sports model car youll poo yourself with the handling.

I got my Valver a couple of months back, but while it was in for tyres 3 weeks ago I borrowed my mums 1.2 Clio RN for a day. I drove this car for a year and a bit when I first passed my test, and I used to rag it all over. Anyhow, first time I came into a bend I thought it was gona roll the amount the body lent over, and I was doin the speed limit (40 limit round an S bend but used to do 60-65 round it).

My valver drivers perfectly in traffic, so I guess the 172 will aswell. Anyway the accelerator is a variable switch not just on/off.

See ya

Matt

im 18 and i have e yellow 182.... nothing to be scared about... its not that fast you know... it has a lot of power...great acceleration... but its extremely easy to drive.... im 100% sure that i would cope with a 282 (+100 bhp)