ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going from coilovers to standard suspension - what parts will I need to buy?

172 Cup, 197
First off, hello everyone, proud new 172 Cup owner and Cliosport member here :D. I've already taken the car around Brands and, whilst being a real hoot to drive, I'm not a real fan of the V-Maxx coilovers the car came with.

To that end, I've bought a full new genuine set of "Cup" shocks and Cooksport springs. I also figured that I'm going to need to new spring caps so I got a pair of those too.

Looking at this diagram

cliostrut_zpsee73cbca.gif

I can see that I'm going to need parts 3,4,5,6 and 7 to complete the strut.

My question is should all of those parts be on there already with the coilovers?

Thanks

Sean

Ph1
Yeah they should already be on yours.

The part which won't be is the shocker dust covers, bottom image. You'll need a pair of those as they don't come with the Cup shocks.

Ph1
Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of getting new top mount kits as well -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-R...:2.0+16V+Sport|Model:Clio&hash=item2a33f53336

but they don't seem to include part number 5. Is this part number 5? -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-R...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a33f575a8

According to the dealer (Renault Sport) the dust cover/bump stop is no longer available.

Yeah that's correct mate, the top hat nut thing (no.5) is separate. Bargain at £28.00 the pair :mad:

172 Cup, 197
OK, so I now have all the bits (I think). The diagram I put in the first post was of course the earlier style top mounts so the ones I've received are different. Is this the correct order for the assembly?

3B68BEB6-F00C-44CC-A98F-07112E603C7B_zpsohciebay.gif

172 Cup, 197
Thanks again. It does seem as though it's a missing a washer though. When everything fits together there's a couple of mm play between the spacer, rubber and bearing - it's as though a washer is needed between the spacer and rubber.

clio sport 172
Hi I am struggling to changed 172 cup suspension from coilover to standard I have the whole strut apart from the top plate that holds the spring in place and I cant find them as I dont know the name of it does anyone know a web link to buy them or the name of it

Thanks
Stu

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Just go into Renault and ask for it, unless the service guy a total chopper he'll load up the exploded diagram and let you point to the part you want.