ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going from many Megane R26 back to a 182, am I crazy?

Meg 300Cup
Well I'm going to look at a 182 tomorrow, a cupped RB as I'm thinking of getting rid of my Megane, I miss the little thing, my best times driving were had in my BG 182 last year, the way you could fight it was awesome and you really feel like you're achieving something when driving it fast. I ditched it last year for the 200 and I completely lost all of that, didn't feel fun and didn't feel all that fast but cost a shed load more and had a gearbox made of cheese, so that was out of the door pretty sharpish for my Megane. The r26 really feels like the 182s big brother its raw, rapid and you have to fight it to drive fast but it's still just not as fun

So I'm thinking of selling the r26 for another 182 with a yozza and just pretend to be 18 again, am I completely mental downgrading and losing all torque? I'm 50/50 atm

nothing beats a little pocket rocket haha. Prefer the smaller faster cars. Hopefully getting a 172/182 soon once i've sorted my insurance! After driving my girlfriends fiat 500 for 4 months i've decided i need my own car again!

Clio 172
Funny how people keep coming back to the clio, I got mine at the end of last year, and loving it, and before that I had a GTI Turbo, I loved the engine in that car, but when pushing on at the top of the revs it just felt lacking and flat, the clio is completely the opposite, the engine is just so responsive at the top end, and the car being so light is great fun. Sale the Megane, and for the money you could get a Clio Trophy.

Nimbus Clio 197
I'm looking at doing the opposite, selling my 182 and getting a Megane. Not an R26 though, just a 225 or ideally a Cup.