ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going to get a 182... advice

LY R26, LY 182
Hi, I am going to look at a Clio 182 on Saturday - apparently used to be owned by someone on here.

It is a 2005 plate in Liquid Yellow with Cup packs, covered 54k

Looks from pics in good nick.

I've had two 182's when they first came out, a 04 plate Black Gold standard one then after my mrs broke that one (see pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/59037264@N05/sets/72157625941609581/) we got another Black Gold 05 one with both cup packs.

We then departed from the Clio to buy our first house so it was sold for the deposit. Since then we have tried numerous cheaper cars (Xsara VTR, toyota MR2) then brought an Abarth 500 (which was cr*p!), then on to the LY 08 Megane R26 we currently have.

We've decided the R26 is not getting enough use and we want to release some of it's equity, buy buying a 182 for fun and stashing some cash. I've also just ordered a new Vauxhall Insignia SRi (diesel!) for commuting and everyday use so the clio is for fun every now and then.

So, we want a clio 182. As we've not had one for around 4 years now, but will be going back to a similar aged car to the one we sold when it wasn't even 2 years old, and I wondered what I need to look out for now these cars are getting on for 6 years old.

I note the steering wheels tend to wear - how much to replace these?

Is there anything else on the clio which is common problem I should be looking out for?

Cheers, Jon

Last edited:
  Stripped yozza'd cup
There's a buyers guide on here somewhere.
Biggest things to check are service history and cambelt change (the whole kit, not just the belt) if that hasn't been done, you need £600 off straight away.