ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going to look at a 182 today! Help!

1 Series Coupe
Right i am going to look at and test drive a 182 today and was wondering if you guys could tell me what you think the price should be..

Its in a local garage nearby:

Advertised for £8995
05 plate Renaultsport Clio 182
Black Gold, with both cup packs
34,000 Miles
Was previously a demo car.
Looks in very good condition throughout

The guy said there is always a deal to be done, so was wondering what you lot think! :)

Ta

Matt

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
Not surprised there is a deal to be done! That price is toppy even for a dealer!! Max dealer price for that if nothing needs doing and it's immaculate is about £8500.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I know a few guys that work in dealers, told me never to touch an ex demo car. Every time I've been on a test drive there's been no warm up for the car, not how I'd treat my own car.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It's pricey for the mileage. I'd buy privately, get a much better deal. If your gonna spend that much, get a Trophy. Blown away by mine at the moment, corner speeds that would have me in the bushes in my 172/182 are easy as pie.

1 Series Coupe
Just returned from a death trap!! The 182 that i have just test drove felt like it was on rails, majour clunking noise when turning. Exhaust was blowing!

I told him where to go... 'we will get that all sorted' was his reply.

I also test drove a Seat Leon Cupra R - woo very quick! But very over priced.

clio 172 cup
Just returned from a death trap!! The 182 that i have just test drove felt like it was on rails, majour clunking noise when turning. Exhaust was blowing!

what did ya like best performance wise, was it standard

1 Series Coupe

what did ya like best performance wise, was it standard

I had a 10 min test drive in both.. As the 182 was a very bad example i prefered the Cupra R. There was alot more pull and acceleration to be had in the Cupra R.. But i am yet to drive a decent 182. The Cupra R was very very quick indeed. Both cars were standard.

1 Series Coupe
I know a few guys that work in dealers, told me never to touch an ex demo car. Every time I've been on a test drive there's been no warm up for the car, not how I'd treat my own car.

Thanks for your advice Warren! I don't think i will be going near another demo car!

Mini Cooper S sport
Sounds like mine was a bargain when I sold it. lol

Tbh Rich it was a brilliant bargain after seeing this one today!! I wish i had spoken to you about yours now! :(

You could have had mine lol

Too late, someone else has got themself a fantastic car. I have to wave goodbye to it tomorrow, I'm really going to be gutted, I love my 182 :(

cupra r gets a bit boring in my opinion. mine was really quick but didnt think was a patch on the 172 for excitement.....feels like a big, heavy car aswell when cornering.

Clown Car
Pettsi -

Is it a Black Gold you are specifically looking for, because i have a Titanium 182 up for sale at the moment, it is a 55 plate and has only done around 12,600 miles, it also has Turinis fitted and it is up for £8,300.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
£9k for a 32k miler! I'd be surprised if they shift that. I'm not gonna say what I'd pay for it (or what, looking at other prices, it's realistically worth) as everyone will shout at me for 'devaluing all clios in the world' or something - but aim to pay a LOT less than that mate :) Even from a trader/dealer.