ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going to see a clio DCi 100 :D

well as you may have guessed from other thread, i decided to go for the dci 100 dynamique, the one i have found and going to view/buy on sat is a 54 plate, 58k miles in nordic green :) mot Nov 10, tax April 10 (but that doesnt matter as only £30 for a year!!)

decided to go from mini cooper s to the dci 100 to save on fuel costs as well as insurance/tax etc!

just noticed while looking at pics, its got the digital controls for heaters etc not the dials :D

heres some pics of it...

media?id=1088769537.gif

media?id=1088769544.gif

media?id=1088769549.gif

any things i should look at? the only bad thing is it hasnt got much stamped history as previos owner was mechanic and did it himself. hope all the things i have read on gearboxes doesnt come true lol!

cant wait till sat :cool:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
gearboxes arnt an issue, anyone who tells you they are doesnt own one lol.

check for snapped handbrake cables, rear disks on these so check these (about £160 for a set of rear disks and bearings) ensure it pulls right to the 5k redline (it wont be great over 4.5k but it should still pull) and you shouldnt get any warning lights when doing this!

35mph in 5th gear and give it full throttle and ensure it pulls to 3k no problem without the clutch slipping (that will show signs of either a clutch on its way out or a previous remapped car, few people will drive them remapped and if clutch starts to go put it back to standard so it doesnt slip and sell it on) make sure it gives you the mega mpg that it should too around town it should easily do 60mpg when driven well

the usual clio related checks, boot floor, pannel gaps, aircon cold, everything works, cv gaitors, anti roll bar drop links
i know them inside out any questions just ask

more info here www.cliodci.net

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That's not going to be fun.

Not seen that colour before and optional Climate control looks nice.

still do, tax is going up to £235 on 1st April, its not the cheapest to insure and certainly isn't that cheap to run... lol

saving for house = saving every penny. plenty of time to get nicer/faster car later in life :)

im just looking forward to the 60+ mpg instead of the 24-6 ish mpg of the mini

shame it doesnt have 172/182 half leather seats, may try find some and need a sport grill i think

Last edited:
  Mini Cooper S sport
Quite like that colour, never seehn it before.

Shame about the downgrade but it's well worth it for a house.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
WV54 ZVX...... I'm sure thats my old company car...... does it Say Carco Group or SJ Cook and sons on the Logbook as one of the previous owners by any chance???

If it is, it should have Cabbasse stereo and cool pack (Electric roof and climate control)

I know cos I ordered it when I worked at Renault! :D

I love love love DCI 100's. Brilliant little cars. But if you do buy it, please take it and get it properly cleaned!! It looks like whoever owns it has been keeping farm animals inside, its fcuking filthy!!!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
good luck, my mrs dci has been nothing but a headache, ive put two injectors in it in 2 months and now it wants another. Oh yea and £434 retail for 4 injectors is not funny. (thats without coding)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
^^^ oooft!

I personally (Unless I was doing 20,000 miles a year plus) wouldn't bother with a diesel. If they break they cost a fecking fortune!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
luckily ive had a few spare from another dci as you can only order all 4 if one goes down. Think my boss is gunna sort me out something if i give him a back hand.

car looks good martin :) it suprised me how many people on cs actually have dci's lol!

Daniel: yea i will have a look tomorrow at log book, and dont worry as soon as i get my hands on it im giving it a service, belts change and a good clean. how will i know about the cabbasse stereo?

Ali: its like every single make and model of a car, you get good ones and problematic ones lol every car has issues, so hopefully if this one does it wont be big things :)

when we move we're most prob moving further away from my work so thats another reason for wanting tractor power

Monaco 53/468
Nordic is an awesome colour, 100's pull really well, I remember a couple of our old demo's, same spec only Pearl Black - beast's.

ooo, ive never seen colour in person so im looking forward to seein what its like!

think im getting it at a good price really as other dci's with more milege are going for about the same :)

320d
Looks like a good buy. My issue with them is reliability. My GF Mum's has broken a fair few times. Its a FSH 50,000 mile 04 plate car, so its well maintained and has low mileage yet it still breaks a lot.

My 1.2 however had no problems atall in the 2 years I had it with similar circumstances to the dci.

Torques lovely on the dci though, I remember my GF put her foot down in 2nd and I was shocked at how it pulled, thats a dci 80 so obviously the 100 will be a bit better.

MCS R56
Love it on here...

When a dci is mentioned, they are great. When any other diesel is mentioned, they are pisch! (with the occasional exception)

I hope you enjoy the dci! I'm enjoying my diesel at the moment. 300 torques for effortless overtaking is great!

Golf GTD Mk7
Great little cars to drive. Very torquey low down and feel suprisingly nippy standard. Tax and mpg as said is also nice :D I'd have got on if I could have afforded on top of the 182. Just have to enjoy the 106 diesel. Great on fuel, but £125 tax :(

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
My issue with them is reliability. My GF Mum's has broken a fair few times. Its a FSH 50,000 mile 04 plate car, so its well maintained and has low mileage yet it still breaks a lot.

theres why, low mile's isnt good for them! another is people waiting 18k for oil changes, they should be done every 10k imo in the dci especially when doing low miles do that and a yearly fuel filter and they are spot on.