ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going to turbo my 172

Hi, i took a trip engine dynamics today and got a rough estimate/quote for £5000, this is for a full engine refresh, cam-belt kit dephaser... new clutch and the 230 turbo kit everything fitted, has any one else had theres done there, and what prices they pay, also any one in essex fancy taking me out for a spin in theres with a similar power would like to see what there like before i buy. Cheers.

PH1 loads of boost!
As above, and you get a standalone ECU with the ARG ClioTurbo.co.uk kit. As far as I know you still use the standard ECU with the ED kit. For 5k I'd be wanting high boost and close to 300hp TBH.

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
My current build is costing less than 5k, that's with a fully forged rebuilt engine, paddle clutch, gt30 turbo and side mounted manifold...

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
These turbo conversions seem to be getting cheaper and cheaper and ultimately more accessible! No wonder every week I see a new "I've turbo'd my clio" thread

That'll be:
Turbo manifold
Down pipe
Intercooler kit
Oil feed kit
Intake kit
Typhoon 2 ecu and 4 cylinder loom with a basemap
Turbo (waiting on a confirmed price for the turbo, hoping for gt2860 to be within the budget)

Clio 182 turbo
Is that a kit price Dan? And would this effect reliability of the car for a low boost set up

Good price. What sort of power are we looking at with this kit fitted Dan?

Tbh I'm looking into it, safely I'd say 230-240 on low boost, but I know they are capable of 270-280 on stock internals if you manage the low down boost. I'm looking to run a boost/rpm table in the ecu which'll give you the low down boost that you want, upto 4/5 psi, then gradually increase to 8/9psi at the rev limiter.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh I'm looking into it, safely I'd say 230-240 on low boost, but I know they are capable of 270-280 on stock internals if you manage the low down boost. I'm looking to run a boost/rpm table in the ecu which'll give you the low down boost that you want, upto 4/5 psi, then gradually increase to 8/9psi at the rev limiter.

Sounds good :)