ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Golf 1.8 T GTI, ECU chip/re-map

172 Cup, Clio 197
My mrs is jealous of the cup cause its faster than the golf, LOL! So we've decided to have something done with the golf. I know that the turbo and engine is the same as the 180hp Audi TT (engine and turbo numbers), however its limited to the usual 150bhp. Anyone know of a plugin ecu to "chip" it or a reasonably priced remap specilaist?
Cheers

172 Cup, Clio 197
So about £400, cheers. Does anyone know how much difference this will make to real performance, ie 0-60, 0-100, top speed? Anyone had it done?

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
It makes a lot of difference. I had a Tavia vRS which started out as 180bhp and was Jabba'd to 230bhp (on their rollers). It was a lot faster through the gears with more torque throughout the rev range.

Where are you based as Awsome GTi in Manchester are good, using the APR software.

Steve

172 Cup, Clio 197
We're in portsmouth at the moment, but were moving to cornwall in a week, I don't know of anyone down there. However I will be going up leeds way once a month

Megane225FF
if mattblack wasn't banned, he'd be the man to talk to..
tt engine in his clio & fettled a bit too...

RenaultSport clio 172 Cup
What year is your 1.8T ? if your running on the AGU engine with small turbo (K03)and don't plan to do anything else with it then value for money would be an Upsolute Chip (app £325) and he'll come to you to fit it. You'll be looking at around 190-195bhp which is about the limit on the K03 turbo. If your 1.8T is later one with the K03 sport turbo then your better off with jabba remap on the rollers and you'll be looking in the 210-230 bhp region but as Rich 16V mentioned there is plenty to choose from.

tiTTy & SV650
My mate has a 1.8T golf gti (150brake standard) and he went to get it chipped, imagine how gutted he was when he found it the previous owner had already chipped it! It was runnin 190brake and he thought it was s**t slow, so he's looking for something else now.

should be a noticeable difference if you're used to it being 150brake though.