ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Golf GTI + BBS = Good times.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
What a crock of s**te.

Why would you take a perfectly nice golf gti,then pick the wrong alloys for it and round it off with the wrong suspension.Im not sure why you've done this but each to their own and all that.Ill leave a copy/paste underneath for you to read.Just answer me one question,if youd read whats below in the advert would you have gone and bought the suspension even...lol

""This is the fronts all the way down, I'm guessing they need time to settle. But the fact I spotted after fitting them that they (According to the invoice note) are for a MK6, may not help. Meh, they fit. They make horrible banging and grinding noises and the tyres keep catching, but for now its fine.""

Let me try and reply to this in your language.

wel m8 its a temporaiee problemz innit.so dat wil,be fixed fanx.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Jason getting pelters for doing something different. What a surprise.

Some people are just being cuntish for no reason.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Pretty much all jealous because I'm 21 and drive a nice car and do what I want with it? Or maybe annoyed that despite years of them hating the "OMG SO BRASH" things I do, I continue to do them? Lets all remember this is just a Golf GTI lowered about 40mm with some BBS Alloy wheels, ladies.

And the tartan. All jealous of the tartan.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I do like the idea that most of the people above love Clios on F1's but hate this. If it ain't OEM it's s**t IIRC.

That said it'll be much better when you sort the suspension out.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I do like the idea that most of the people above love Clios on F1's but hate this. If it ain't OEM it's s**t IIRC.

That said it'll be much better when you sort the suspension out.

Yeah, adjustable top mounts are coming for it. A tiny bit of arch work, and whatever else needs doing. As long as the tyres clear the arch, the height and stiffness seem spot on. It already is a massive improvement on flat roads/roundabouts. Just need more space for wheel movement on the bumpy stuff.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I expected to see this :(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398891310.850438.jpg

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Let me try and reply to this in your language.

wel m8 its a temporaiee problemz innit.so dat wil,be fixed fanx.

Its your car with the wrong suspension which catches and scuffs everywhere but my language is obviously a good reason to justify it.

I cant wait until you buy a house...lol

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Well, I feel educating you will be a start. MK6 and MK5 share the same suspension set up, so it's not actually THE problem. And as above (Think I've said this at least 3 times), the fouling issues I'm working to solve.

2003 Clio 172 Cup
Wish you'd kept the standard wheels and had the skirts and rear lower bumper colour coded. And then slammed it FTW.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Wish you'd kept the standard wheels and had the skirts and rear lower bumper colour coded. And then slammed it FTW.

If I did that then....

Me too. Pretty disappointed. But bet the McDonalds car park lot love it

What size are the wheels?

18x8j, et37. No spacers or anything, just bolted straight on. Everyone says ET35 is the perfect fitment for the GTI, so was surprised how close these are to the arch.

It's a great colour for the GTI, and fair play for doing something different.

I personally, prefer the Pescaras on them (hence why mine had them on) and I'm not a fan of the slammed look.

The good ride is one of the car's best features! Ha

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It's a great colour for the GTI, and fair play for doing something different.

I personally, prefer the Pescaras on them (hence why mine had them on) and I'm not a fan of the slammed look.

The good ride is one of the car's best features! Ha

The ride is surprisingly forgiving considering they're FK's! But thanks :)

I like it, but then I am a yoof too.

Just kidding.

YAV FUKN RUINED IT M9.

U wot m9 il bash u

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm not jealous, I just think those wheels are utterly terrible. They could be wolfrace or ace something or other.

BBS wherls should instantly look like BBS wheels!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Not bad Jason, not sure it's better than before. I think it's the offset. Needs adjustable top mounts and rear camber shims I think. Not the worst wheels you could've chosen.

f**k knows why you get so many flannels laying into you on here.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty much all jealous because I'm 21 and drive a nice car and do what I want with it? Or maybe annoyed that despite years of them hating the "OMG SO BRASH" things I do, I continue to do them? Lets all remember this is just a Golf GTI lowered about 40mm with some BBS Alloy wheels, ladies.

And the tartan. All jealous of the tartan.

I'm struggling to find a reason to be jealous of a £6000 Golf on crap wheels that scrapes and bangs its way down the road?

One mans 'brashness' is another mans ruined car. Looked lovely standard, it now looks like some try hard wannabe 21 year olds chav chariot.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'm struggling to find a reason to be jealous of a £6000 Golf on crap wheels that scrapes and bangs its way down the road?

One mans 'brashness' is another mans ruined car. Looked lovely standard, it now looks like some try hard wannabe 21 year olds chav chariot.

I love you quotes.

Vw caddy tdi
Nice in blue needs to come up abit + 17" mk6 denvers and proper camber castor tracking set up imo

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
WOW! Few people got there knickers in a twist in here didn't they?

Anyway I think it looks fine, not amazing and probably not what I'd choose but no way near as horrific as what most are making out.

Ignore the haters, they just don't like a difference of opinion or taste lol ;).

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
FLOL @ some of the replies on here. Quite a few folk need to pull their head out their arses.

Why do folk keep mentioning top mounts? He's already procured a set and he's waiting for delivery (like he's already mentioned.)

Typical CS, if you don't like it, you more or less abuse the owner. If it doesn't have Turini's and silvervisions, it must be s**t.

STFU!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

Another person that can't read a thread, but thanks for your input.

FLOL @ some of the replies on here. Quite a few folk need to pull their head out their arses.

Why do folk keep mentioning top mounts? He's already procured a set and he's waiting for delivery (like he's already mentioned.)

Typical CS, if you don't like it, you more or less abuse the owner. If it doesn't have Turini's and silvervisions, it must be s**t.

STFU!

And as above really, fair enough if you're not a fan of the wheels, but it's barely changed from standard. No need to class the car as a write off.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I don't get why people seem to be offended by it?

Looks decent mate, I really like it, especially from the side profile.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
A lot of people on here have issues. It's very easy to say it's not your thing without being offensive and coming across as an arse.

Good to see something different Jason!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Thanks fellas! It does make me laugh. I like them and that's enough for me. As for the issues, on other forums I get people replying with advice and messaging me with their own experience on mk5 platforms (something I'm new to). Here I get a barrage of verbal diahhrea. I'm sure we've all had issues when lowering a car for the first time before. It's part of the fun with tinkering.

Christ. The amount of clios that are ten times lower than this as track day cars for a start.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't get the issue. You posted a picture of your car on the internet, the basis for everyone's opinions. The wheels just look poor in comparison to even the OE ones.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think they look rubbish. Just think you can do a lot better and have done with previous cars imo.

I reckon you got a little blinded by the fact they're "BBS".