ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good/Bad Insurance quote 182

I have just got a quote from Previlege for £875 for my new 182 with all Mods declared i.e Cup suspension pack,Cup Spoiler pack and Grey alloys. I am 28 ,have three years NCB and 3 points. What does this compare with other people of simular age,NCB and points? Should i ring around allot more places or should i stick with this?

Any info is much appreciated.

Andyb

don't

try elephant or admiral, seem to give good quotes lately

I know your 28 but try adding a female over 40 with full no claims as a 2nd driver

Black/Gold 182

I think yhou should be able to do better, I have managed £1000 on the same car but im 23 with 3 yrs NCB, it was admiral i think but i used confused.com, got it £350 cheaper when i added my mum as a 2nd driver tho!

S

Scott182

Im with norwich union..

23 with 3yrs NCB..3 points sp30.

£702 FC

(6k miles a year)

[Edited by Scott182 on 25 August 2005 at 12:13pm]

Lee

BMW M2C

28, Full protected NCB, garaged, 6 points, 16k miles a year.

£730 with First Alternative. That was on the car you are having, it didnt change when I swapped to the Trophy.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

24, 7 yrs NCB protected, 172 with lowering springs, 17"s, tints, exhaust, ITG filter, cup splitter, £677.25 elephant (8k miles). Hoping to get cheaper before renewing at the end of the month, but is proving difficult.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

The car is secondary - its your age and the postcode thats important. Id hazard a guess that both Griff and R-Jay live in a decent area due to their quotes?

Abridge - that seems about the going rate, in all fairness. Im around the £760 mark, aged 30, with 10 years no claims. Just live outside dodgy Bury though!

D.

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Im with priv, last year new 182, 3 years no claims and sp 30 got it for bout £640.00 and i was 25 then, renewals next month should go down i hope

182 Cup and Seat Ibiza

182 Cup, 29, 1 year NCB, 25 year old g/f as 2nd driver. £398. Bell Direct.

Thats social and commuting. 10k miles per year and kept on driveway

You dont need to declare your cup packs as mods. Just say its standard to how it left the factory.

[Edited by kennyg on 26 August 2005 at 9:09am]

Just switched from Direct Line to Admiral because of cost.

Policy Details: Clio 182
Fully Comp (8 Years NCB)
Myself and other half (she was free but still wont drive the car!)
Protected No Claims
Courtesy Car etc etc etc.
On The Driveway

£389.50

I am 33 with clean license...

Didnt think that was too bad so went for it, saved nearly £200 on my direct line policy

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

kennyg cant believe that mate, exactly the same circumstances and im being quoted £1,700 by all companys except Greenlight around £750 ithink it was and Adrain Flux £800ish

Seems very cheap, do you live on the moon lol!!

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Out of curiosity ive just done an online quote with Bell Direct, result.......................

£1746.15 Ouch!!

kennyg pulling a fast one methinks lol!!!!

Hi every one its my my first post!!! I got a quote with Privilege for £987 for my 182 when I take ownership of the little beauty in the first week of October. Im 22, 3 yrs NCB, no points or bad stuff, on the drive way and fully comp of course. I think thats not bad?? Is actually true that if i was to put my mother on (over 40) as an additional the cost would come down??

182 Cup and Seat Ibiza

Hey Leo182, i live in Fife in Scotland. I thought it was quite cheap cause of my age, but its maybe my postcode. £1700 is a big difference though. My first year with Elephant was only £460 too and that was with zero NCB.

DC5

Quote: Originally posted by abridge on 24 August 2005

I have just got a quote from Previlege for £875 for my new 182 with all Mods declared i.e Cup suspension pack,Cup Spoiler pack and Grey alloys. I am 28 ,have three years NCB and 3 points. What does this compare with other people of simular age,NCB and points? Should i ring around allot more places or should i stick with this?

Any info is much appreciated.

Andyb

Are you declaring the cup packs and wheels as modifications? That is why it might be so much. They arent modifications, it has come from the factory like that as standard.

I am with privlege, Im 21 yrs old with 4yrs NCB and I am paying £750 with protected NCB. It was about £600 without protected NCB.

25, full fat 172, safe Southampton postcode, protected 4 yrs NCB, fully comp, no points/claims etc, 22y/o gf on insurance as well...£640 Privilege. £540 if NCB not protected. Was cheaper putting my mum on till she picked up 3 points :eek: lol.

Clio Trophy

I have had £788 Fully Comp, 25 years old, 15k a year, on driveway 3 points sp50, 4 years no claims on a Clio Trophy with Norwich Union. . .

Some companies dont even recognise the Trophy as an existing model yet!!!