ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good buy?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Corsa Burg
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/3174065.htm

Pros: Seems cheap, decent mileage, some nice mods, probable room for negotiation
Cons: Needs a wheel bearing and a respray and has been crashed (cat c).
What do you think?
Good solid car in need of body work improvements or simply a shed?

Please note this is for a project not a daily driver.

:coffee:

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Corsa Burg
Just to add..

Respray = £1k??
Alloy refurb = £200 (would get new alloys anyway)
Wheel bearing = £??
Needs tax soon = £245
New steering wheel + boss = £150 max (omp wheel)

Damage was front n/s..
Also 6x9 holes is no issue as stripped rear anyway, or new parcel shelf is cheap

Any help/advise?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  MK3 GTI golf 16v
seems too expensive if you need to spend a s**t load on it. i would just buy a good condition one.

a decent re-spray will cost you as much as/if not more than the car. + tax + all the other crap. this car will cost over 3K total to get it how you want it.

just buy a decent one for 2K that needs no work

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Mk5 golf gti
no logic in buying that at all.

alot of decent ones available, by the time you have spent a load on it you could of bought a decent one that has been looked after and isnt a Cat C

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Corsa Burg
seems too expensive if you need to spend a s**t load on it. i would just buy a good condition one.

a decent re-spray will cost you as much as/if not more than the car. + tax + all the other crap. this car will cost over 3K total to get it how you want it.

just buy a decent one for 2K that needs no work

I see your point, although isn't that the point in a project?
Aslong as I got it alot cheaper than advertised??

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Corsa Burg
no logic in buying that at all.

alot of decent ones available, by the time you have spent a load on it you could of bought a decent one that has been looked after and isnt a Cat C

Again, I can see your point mate..
But it's a project.

What price would you realistically pay for that?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Corsa Burg
^^^ ask yourself why he is trying to give it away, the word money pit springs to mind.

True.
I bet I could get it alot cheaper than that though and have it looking great for 2.5k including buying it.
It is a reasonably average mileage 04plate 182. You'd be looking at appox 3k+ for one from Pistonheads/Autotrader from a quick look

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Rusty Cup
Hasnt mentioned that it has had the cambelt and auxiliary belts done plus the dephaser is advised at the same time, thats £600-£750 worth of work that'll need doing sharpish before the engine packs up.

You not a fan of the phase 1 clios? lighter/faster/cheaper thats where i'd put my money.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Corsa Burg
Hasnt mentioned that it has had the cambelt and auxiliary belts done plus the dephaser is advised at the same time, thats £600-£750 worth of work that'll need doing sharpish before the engine packs up.

You not a fan of the phase 1 clios? lighter/faster/cheaper thats where i'd put my money.

I have just asked that.
Umm, I'm not a fan in all honesty. Looks do come into although it will be mainly a track car (yes it will regularly go onto a track).
I prefer the ph2