ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good dealer to approach for replacement of melting steering wheel?

Clio dci100
I have the usual 'melting' effect on the steering wheel of my 2.5 year old car. Can anyone recommend an approachable and sympathetic dealer in the south-east who may do it under warranty?

Thanks...

255 V6 Black Gold
surely it would just be same as break pads? and cassed as wear and tear? so therefore not replaced.

M140i
I had mine replaced when it was just over 2 years old, no quibble just told them it was unacceptable

I heard some will do it, but some won't. Has anyone had one replaced on warranty?
Yep loads have been chnaged on warentyl. Some dealers arn't happy since they have done the work in the past and Renault Uk and refused to pay up and the dealers have to just accept it.
surely it would just be same as break pads? and cassed as wear and tear? so therefore not replaced.
Nope not fit for purpose.
ive never heard of this :S
Common problem.

Da

Less
It's the 172/182's mainly, due to the rubber thumb grips on the wheels.
They wear quickly and often peel in the sun!

Clio & Mitsu ASX
Have the same problem with mine, now almost 5yo.
Asked my dealer yesterday and he'll inform with Renault for me. So I hope for the best, but I don't really count on it since the car is that old...

Clio dci100
I think it must be the heat, but how ridiculous that they 'melt' after only a year or so!!! I spoke to Renault uk and they denied ever having heard of it!!! :dapprove: I'm definitely gonna try my local dealer!!

www.renparts.co.uk
heat from the sun makes them melt i imagine sweat for hands causes it to break down easier... happens on dynamiques as well....