ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good News & Bad News.

The Good News 1st.
Im finally picking up my 182 tomorrow!!! Yippeeee.

The Bad News.
I had on order and was supposed to get a Black 182 with full Sports Pack. What i will be getting is a Silver 182 with no sports Pack!!! Booooooo

The reason for this :- Jefferies Farm in Crawley where I ordered the clio from sent me a letter last Thursday saying they were unable to source 183s with the Sport Pack!!! Nice of them to let me know 5 weeks after i placed the order!!!

So I was left with a couple of choices.

Start again and try to find a cheap supplier of 182s and waiting another 6 - 8 weeks for it!! Having to go through the hassle of getting a half descent trade in price for my 2.8 Z3 which since doing the deal with Jefferies now needs 3 tyres, a full service and has an extra 4000 miles on the clock!!!

-Or-

Take a boggo standard 182 from Jeffs stock. Of which he only had silver and black left!!

So I did what any desperate person wanting to get out of a crappy, petrol chomping Z3 would do.

A bit of extra good news though. the standard ones are £500 cheaper and I got it on the road for the ticket price, saving me about an extra £150.00!!

So I have £650 to spend on modding!!!
KTEC Racing here I come!!! :devilish:

172, Tiguan

Think id still reject it though personally. But i can understand your position.

dk

911 GTS Cab

it seems like it is very difficult to get a 182 cup without buying from a dealer, wonder how they limit the supply?

Lee

BMW M2C

Supermarkets just buy what they can get their hands on from dealers on the continent usually. They have no say in its spec. When you order from a main dealer your car is built to the spec you requested, so Id imagine most come out of the factory without the Cup options.

My 172 is an import as is my bosses 307, both from Motorpoint. Some advice I give anyone buying from a car supermarket is only take what they have in stock as they really have no idea what they are getting next and when. Mine was in stock so no problem, my boss waited for ages and in the end went for a different car, like yourself.

[Edited by Lee M on 08 June 2004 at 4:23pm]

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 08 June 2004
Think id still reject it though personally. But i can understand your position.

Yeah I was in two minds when i got the letter, Especially after reading posts on this site saying how good the sport pack is. Still, nothing a bit of self modding cant sort. Ive already found a company that can spray the wheels darker if I wish, which IMO is the best part of the sport pack. Visually anyway!!

Whats the Cup pack differences again chassis wise?

Id get a carbon bonnet, black wheels (Team Dynamics Pro Racers maybe..) and some new suspension :)

-Rob