ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

good old renault!!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Well i had to call out the AA today to my brand new(3 months old) car!1 It wouldnt start. its the immobilser thats not deactivatin and theres probs with the alarm. Got took to my local dealer and they said they would look at it as soon as they came back after new year. Fair enuff i thort it is Xmas eve, so i asked for a courtesy car only to be told no! So iasked for a hire car No was the answer to that too! Eventually the AA guy sorted me out an emergency hire (48hrs)! Now ive been told by the dealer that it will be ATLEAST 2-3 weeks before my car can be collected cos of xmas and he reckons it could be the chip that controls the alarm an immob. but after 3 hrs on the phone to renault they will still only pay for 4 days hire then its up to me! So im payin for a car and a hire car! Im thinkin prob not at this point and if i dont get a hire car courtesy of renault im stoppin the payments!

Is there anythin legal or owt like that i can quote to them! Cant fault the dealer really as they were on the phone tryin but renault were havin none of it!!!!!!

320d M Sport

youre stuffed mate, bad as it sounds courtesy is exactly that, legally theyre not required to give you a replacement car. The fact that other delears would doesnt matter to them as theyre tw*ts.

Bad luck...... its probably just the start im afraid :(

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

I feckin hate renault! Only got my CUSTOMER CARE pack through the other day promising to EXCEED ALL MY EXPECTATIONS. Well they did i knew they were a bunch of To$$ers but theyve surprised me today!

Gotta say cheers to the AA bloke too. said he mite have a look on here later!

320d M Sport

yeah mailto:I@m">I@m not Renos biggest fan either, hopefully if i make the transistion to the dark side Ill be ok as far as dealers go.......

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

WELL LIKE I SAID THE OTHER DAY IVE SERIOUSLY THORT BOUT IT BUT WHEN IT BOILS DOWN I LOVE THE CAR. JUST NOT THE COMPANY THAT MAKES IT.

320d M Sport

i know, Ive been feeling that way for a couple of years now and theres only so much you can take i suppose, its a real shame.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

what sorta LPG (lightyears per gallon) do you get on an imperial cruiser nowadays ?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 24 December 2003

youre stuffed mate, bad as it sounds courtesy is exactly that, legally theyre not required to give you a replacement car. The fact that other delears would doesnt matter to them as theyre tw*ts.

Yes but legally when they sell you a product the product must be up to the required standards to provide the function for which it was sold to you for.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by sjd172 on 24 December 2003

I relpaced the 172 with a nice imperial crusiser. Due to the build quality and the lack of hyperdrive. :D
LOL

The force is strong with this one...

:cool:

320d M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 24 December 2003

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 24 December 2003

Yes but legally when they sell you a product the product must be up to the required standards to provide the function for which it was sold to you for.
Still doesnt mean they have to give you one though, cack i know but thats the way it is, Courtesy car.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Just bin to see my old man cos he teaches business law so hes pretty good on all this. he says he will go other my warrenty and contract of sale and get back to me. his opinion is that they may not have a legal obligation however they are required to supply me with somesort of transport!

Elise/VX220/R26

thats guttin m8. problems seem to come as standard on the 172. Can you still come to the meeting on 28th? you can jump in with me if you like.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

4 weeks thats shocking.i bet its only a faulty key head or decoder ring as well.have a good moan to renault customer services if i was you.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

Try them with the sale of goods act (don’t know the date), but it states that a good should be fit for the purpose for which it is sold ~(i.e. – a 3 month old car is there to be driven). I know a courtesy car is a courtesy, but it’s not as if you’ve took in a car with 100K on the clock and blamed them for something that happened 5 years ago.

If that fails, mention the club, tell them you’re a member of a club with 1000 members who will al read about the crap service you received. This might not sound like much of a threat, but a company will see it as a threat (especially as it is a club of just Clio owners, who may be dissuaded from buying another Clio).

If that fails, tell them you are going to stop payments, if you just stop you will get the bailiffs at your door very quickly, if you tell them, they will go to court first.
Other than that, just keep hassling them, they do get bored, and probably will help you out in the end.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 25 December 2003

4 weeks thats shocking.i bet its only a faulty key head or decoder ring as well.have a good moan to renault customer services if i was you.

That was the worst case scenario. Trouble is its xmas and they said it will be new year before its even looked at!! so thats a week gone already. then they will have work to catch up on from over christmas then you have the inevitable inability of renault to supply a replacement part! All in all i dont think a month will be a bad estimate. Like you say tho jay it could be just a key problem but even that will not get sorted till after new year and i still woont have a car!

Im goin on the offensive straight away monday morning. Ive already had legal dealings with renault involving the last car i bought from them and i won that 1 Cos i was talkin to watchdog so if i dont get anywhere i will be contacting them again! Cheers for all your help and ill keep you informed on how it goes!!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

all parts can now be ordered for the next day inc all immobiliser parts.where as on old vehicles parts had to be ordered to the immobiliser number(so they had to be specially made for that car hence the long wait for parts) now they all come blank and the dealers programme the codes in.this means renault can now stock these parts and enable next day delivery.good luck.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Heres hopin then! I went in today to get some stuff out of the car and they said there was an engineer in on monday. Hopefully mine will be 1 of the first they look at!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Well ive just bin to see the dealer and he reckons there is no fault with the car!! The computer is not showing any fault codes and it is starting first time every hour! He has tho agreed to keep the car untill wed an keep tryin it but he says he isnt hopeful of finding anything! So why then did i have to call the AA out becos it wouldnt start for 3 days?? Just what i wanted an intermitant immob. problem!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

hopefully after ive ended up callin the AA umpteen times they may get to the bottom of it! Still need to book it in at another dealership(where JAY172 works) for alarm problems hopefully they may spread a bit more light