ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good Polish/Pad combo?

ITB BG 182
Ive been off the detailing thing a while and lost touch a little bit.

Now I have been looking to buy some new pads aswell as polish to suit and get the most from my efforts.

Is there any kits or combination of products that some one can recommend me to buy?

I have a 7424 DA Polisher with 6 and 3.5 inch backing plates.

This will not be just for my car, it will also be to help me with other friends and family cars too.

Menz or 3M range have been my go to. However, I've heard a lot of good things about the Scholl products, especially S17.

Honda & VW
Something like the 3M range is pretty good due to them being colour coded, i.e. the pad colour matches that of the relevant polish bottles nozzle/cap. The same can be said for the Autofinesse range

ITB BG 182
So out of the three (3M, AF and Scholl) who would make the job easier on the harder paints like Audi's?

I haven't used the AF stuff, so can't comment. 3M however are very easy to use and as said above, colour coded with the pads, so that's where my money would be going.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Menz is much nicer to use I find than many other. Ultrafina is still the ultimate finishing polish. So oily and easy to work with. Love it.

On softside medium paint similar to my own 106FA is lovely to use but 203's has that bit more bite and finishes well.

Ultrafina being a 3M product. 203 and 106 being Menzerna.

Kevin, I swear your posts are made when you have your eye on something else as well, lol! Read through boi, c'est trop ambigu!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
:eek: <3 You wrote 203 and I just started writing!

Was more to explain I love Menz for allround polishing but 3M finishing is epic.