ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good polish + pad for clio

clio (2003) 1.2 16v
I've just found a really good polish and pad that gives you really good results when applying by hand. Mr car had quite bad swirl marks due to the previous owners love for car washes however my new combination has worked magic at removing them.

The combination i used was;

Auto glym super resin polish + meguiars even coat 5" microfibre applicator pads.

I previously tried a few other combinations that turned out poor so i hope that this will help others in the same situation.

Yeh AGP is more of a filler, than an actual remover of swirls :)

Let someone machine polish your car, then you will see a big difference!!

Waggon.

Band.

Jumping.

The.

On.

SRP is a filler polish and while it will look good for a couple of days/weeks the fillers will eventually come out and it will look the same.

Also I am willing to bet Ali's sizeable trust fund that you have not sealed the paint after polishing . . .

But thanks and welcome to CS ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Waggon.

Band.

Jumping.

The.

On.

SRP is a filler polish and while it will look good for a couple of days/weeks the fillers will eventually come out and it will look the same.

Also I am willing to bet Ali's sizeable trust fund that you have not sealed the paint after polishing . . .

But thanks and welcome to CS ;)

Lol! It's a safe bet.

It is, but there is always that little bit of uncertainty, hence using a lower amount of money rather than mine ;) (joke, I spent mine on my trip to Mongolia :S)

clio (2003) 1.2 16v
think someone owes me money. sealed it with 2 coats of poorboys carnauba wax. yeah the polish just filled the swirls mainly but to be honest its the best result that you can hope for by hand. i'm getting my friend to have a go on my car with his machine polisher soon so hopefully they will be removed completely.

thanks for the welcome to cs

by the way does anyone know where to get a deecet priced clio sport grill besides a renault dealer??

120d M Sport
think someone owes me money. sealed it with 2 coats of poorboys carnauba wax. yeah the polish just filled the swirls mainly but to be honest its the best result that you can hope for by hand. i'm getting my friend to have a go on my car with his machine polisher soon so hopefully they will be removed completely.

by the way does anyone know where to get a deecet priced clio sport grill besides a renault dealer??

JD can shush now as thats his favourite wax iirc :rasp:

You won't find the grill much cheaper than a Renault dealer...was £45+ vat for me which I think is very reasonable for the improvement it makes!

clio (2003) 1.2 16v
have you got a pic of your car so i can see what it looks like before i buy it?? to be honest i'm going to buy it anyway cause the stock grill is s**t but it would still be good to see. cheers.

I quite like you!! Nice one mate (it's not a sealent but you have good banter so Ali's Trust Fund cheque is en route to you ;)).

Second hand is your only route, maybe look for a scrappies near you mate, or on here (you will need to pay up and become a full member to see the for sale section).

clio (2003) 1.2 16v
cool cool. is it just a tenner or is it a tener monthly??? yeah i should really buy a good sealant but its on my wishlist along with many other things :D is it worth becoming a member? any good benefits??

Tenner for the year mate. Yeah you get loads of advice/more forums/more posts per day (limited to 5 at the moment) and fwe other things.