ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good polish to use with Zymol Titanium wax

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
Whilst i'm at a bit of a loose end i'm planning on giving the Shed Motorsport Inferno 182 a good clean up. As far as i know its never really had anything applied since Mat got it back in March '05 (he not a big fan of cleaning). I've got some Zymol Titanium wax here at home that I got in a kit a few years ago when there weren't quite so many quality products about. I have loads of the wax left but i have run out of the HD Cleanse stuff. Since the Zymol distributors changed a few years back the prices seem to have gone through the roof more so than they were already with HD cleanse now being £24 a bottle instead of £15 when i originally got it. What would be a good alternative? I don't have a PC so something thats easy to use would be a bonus. I don't want to spend a fortune.

I have a clay bar already too.

Cheers

p.s. i've just remembered i have some Zymol detail wax too

106 GTi
I would have gone with the same Al, that way you clean the paint up nicely, and give some decent lasting protection before the Zymol.

Other options as alternatives to the HD cleanse would pre P21s Paint Work Cleanser, Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze, Klasse AIO.

Rich said:
I would have gone with the same Al, that way you clean the paint up nicely, and give some decent lasting protection before the Zymol.

Other options as alternatives to the HD cleanse would pre P21s Paint Work Cleanser, Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze, Klasse AIO.

Ok, i misunderstood al, i didn't realise that it would be ok to use the Zymol on top of the AG resin polish and extra gloss. I have loads of the AG stuff for some reason, it seems to magically appear on the shelf.

Cheers guys

106 GTi
Topping the AG Twins with a decent wax produces great results, the AG SRP cleans up the paint, EGP depend the colour and gives a good durable base, the wax will then add a deep wet gloss enhancing the final finish.

IMG_6316.jpg

SRP, EGP and P21s Wax

IMG_6322.jpg

and Renault Orange Peel!

I didn't realise the SRP had a cleaning affect, i just thought it had a misleading name. So what you're saying is, i don't need to go out and buy anything? That'll save me some cash, i was gonna order some p21s cleanser but it seems to be out of stock, but if i don't really need it i guess its not a problem.

Learn something new everyday!

106 GTi
Autoglym Super Resin is a mild polish/paint cleaner. It will remove little to no clearcoat when used by hand, will mostly just clean up paint to a nice gloss also adding some paint protection.

Of recent times people slate it, but its much better than any of the Meguiars consumer range polishes, if used correctly nice and thinly, it's easy on and off without the dusting everyone moans about when they use it wrong applying it to thick!

IMO better than the P21s Cleanser, so yeah save some cash.

I've used the AG stuff loads in the past and learnt pretty quickly to use small amounts to avoid dusting. In fact i did my run-around the other day with the pair of AG's and it came up pretty well for a 13 year old £100 car!

Cheers for all you help, Inferno should polish up pretty nicely.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
yep, dunno why but imo people have seemed to jump on the megs bandwagon recently

i have used a few megs products in the past, but always come back to AG. SRP followed by EGP does it for me, fantastic results and easy to use, job done

The AG Twins always work well,

But seen as you have some 80 quid wax i think that you should stretch to the 25 quid for HD Cleanse so the Titanium bonds to the paint correctly.

That might be Zymol marketing BS but you never know.

I find HD Cleanse to be a right b**ch to remove though.

106 GTi
It's just Zymol Marketing guff, to make you spend more money on what IMO are over priced products.

At the time i got my Zymol there wasn't quite the selection of decent products or knowledge of decent products that there is now. Also my Zymol Titanium & Vinyl starter kit that cost me about £85 back then is £125 now! The distributors are having a laugh, bring back sportscar world! I think i spent about £115 on all my zymol stuff back in the day and that included a starter kit, some detail wax (plastic components) and some field glaze. The current prices are absolutely ridiculous!!!!

106 GTi
I got bitten by the Zymol/Swissol bug till I found a 20 Quid tub of P21s does the same thing.