ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodbye 200... already

RS200
The clio is going tomorrow. got a straight swap for a meg F1 in LY i couldnt refuse. Never had a car with a turbo and its just sweet! should be picking it up tomorrow. im going to miss the clio loads but im glad to have the meg. It was a bit of an impulse buy but didnt pay anything for it! i,ll post some pics when i get it. not that you dont know what it looks like!

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Christ.

He bought a clio 200. Has been offered a swap for a meg f1 and has taken it. Bit of an impulse swap that.

I really dont get whats hard to understand.

orite.

Well I'm wondering what car he had BEFORE the 200. Might go some to explaining why he got rid of it so quickly.

I read it as he swapped something for the Clio, then swapped the Clio for the Meg.

My question still stands though.

M2 Competition
What car he had before is irrelevant. Someone has offered hims a car with a turbo and he fancies a swap.

It reads that he has been offered a swap for a meg. The impulse bit has confused you, but he means impulse swap between the 200 and meg.

Swiftly back on track;

You getting a good deal? How old etc is the meg?

Mini Cooper S
funding.jpg

+

main.php

=

renault-clio-rs-200-3_460x0w.jpg

3 months later

dealerhome.jpg

3 months and 30 minutes later:

megane_r26_liquid_yellow_privacy_001.jpg

The end.

im guessing the 200 would grate having to ring its neck to keep it moving an being quite a firm ride its not for everyone the meggy a nice car tbh enjoy

No worries Louise, you not thinking of swapping your 200 then?

Gale, Ella and Now Pippa.

No, i love my car, famguy had issues with it from the start cos we spoke about it.
As Gale knows i hope that my next car is a FRS or a golf R which i hope to have in maybe a year and a half. However the thought of an R26R in 6 months has crossed my mind however i dont think i can get the most out of my car yet (im 21, went from the gaymobile as it was known which was my pink polo, my GF loves the fact that i drove it, now in the CS). I want to do some traing courses, starting in a couple of weeks blah blah then move onto a more powerful car.

RS200
Gale, Ella and Now Pippa.

No, i love my car, famguy had issues with it from the start cos we spoke about it.
As Gale knows i hope that my next car is a FRS or a golf R which i hope to have in maybe a year and a half. However the thought of an R26R in 6 months has crossed my mind however i dont think i can get the most out of my car yet (im 21, went from the gaymobile as it was known which was my pink polo, my GF loves the fact that i drove it, now in the CS). I want to do some traing courses, starting in a couple of weeks blah blah then move onto a more powerful car.

I haven't really got issues with it. I love the car to bits and if my commute to work was round brands hatch then i would never get rid of the car but you just can never use the available power on a daily basis and when u do you find urself reaching over a ton before u know it. i really will miss the 200 but i thought this Meg was too hard to resist especially as it was up for a tad under 15k and they gave me 13k for mine and gave me the meg for nothing. i would have loved to have taken the clio on the track and was planning to but i think the meg will be just as fun

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols he misread it and didn't chnage his question!

He assumed the impulse buy was the 200! So he asked what he had before the 200!

Magic was quite clear in his question!

Good luck with the meggy mate, i like them in LY they are cool. For me tho a NA engine for a few more years :p

RS200
Good luck with the meggy mate, i like them in LY they are cool. For me tho a NA engine for a few more years :p

Fair enough mate the NA engine is sweet an great to rev the nuts of. but as i said cos i spend most of the time on public roads i,ll have fun more of the time in the meg and spend more money on fuel! lol

Aslo i wasnt really looking to change the clio but this opportunity seemed to jump out at me

Fam have you test driven it? I think they are wicked, i have a real soft spot for the R26R but at the moment the insurance would be too expensive. Also i couldnt use it as a daily drive.
I know what you mean regarding the 200 is a bit of a lame everyday city car, fuel is awful, is a bit jumpy at times especially in the cold however the meggy does seem to be the best of both worlds, how old are you?

RS200
im 21 mate. yeah i drove it twice for about 20 mins then about 40 mins today. its just so good to hear that turbo come on boost and it just flies but then backs off a bit when it approaches the 6,500 rev limit. Going to miss the 7,500 rev limit on the clio it just seemed to go on forever. but on the motorway the meg will sit at 85mph on about 3,000 revs so its smoother. btw am i not aloud to come to any meets now ive got a meg? lol

RS200
im in north west london. only ever been to one meet in kent. they all seem to be too far away for me.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
interesting swap a clio RS200 worth - 13k?+ for a meg 230 f1 worth £12k? Unless its an unregd new one that was kicking around im failing to see the attraction.

RS200
ahh ok yeah. how far drive are you from london? I reeeeeallly want to go to the renault sport track day at silverstone at the end of march but i dont know if i can get the time off

RS200
interesting swap a clio RS200 worth - 13k?+ for a meg 230 f1 worth £12k? Unless its an unregd new one that was kicking around im failing to see the attraction.

Its an 07 plate but it has been a demo car for renault and has been used on stands at shows etc so its only got 6,500 miles on the clock. im getting the extended warranty to cover for any nasty surprises!

i grew up in barnet (North london) and i am 22 miles from there, 10 miles maybe from enfield.
R20 had a good point, mine is worth a little more then i paid for it looking on PH and auto trader :p