ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2022

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
That McMurtry looks so much faster than the previous hill records, like people say it looked like sped up footage the way it went!

I’m amazed it was ‘only’ that much faster than the IDR having rewatched that and the old F1 run. It just looks insane.

My hero was Justin Law for what he was driving that fast up there.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Another thing I’ve found with events like this at the moment is the amount of “Influencer” mutants all walking around with their cameras on gimbals, talking absolute waffle about cars.
Most of them will only ever get about 10 views on YouTube. 8 of which are them showing other people at work.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
That McMurtry looks so much faster than the previous hill records, like people say it looked like sped up footage the way it went!

I’m amazed it was ‘only’ that much faster than the IDR having rewatched that and the old F1 run. It just looks insane.

My hero was Justin Law for what he was driving that fast up there.
Great side by side showing the comparison

182 Trophy
Another thing I’ve found with events like this at the moment is the amount of “Influencer” mutants all walking around with their cameras on gimbals, talking absolute waffle about cars.
Most of them will only ever get about 10 views on YouTube. 8 of which are them showing other people at work.
haha, there was a dad promoting his 10 year old son's sketching and Instagram in the supercar paddock yesterday. What a world we live in now.

On a another note. Sung Kang (Han) and Justin Lin from the Fast & Furious franchise were spotted hanging around the Mclaren F1 Team pit area. Cool to see these people in the flesh who have influenced a lot of the current generation of enthusiast.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I spotted one of these types, being old it took me a while to realise what he was doing.

probably walked passed a few more but didn’t realise them as I spent all day looking at the cars (and the odd bit of rich totty).

I think I may have ended up in the background of an interview that BTCC’s Paul O’Neil was doing on the BMW stand. I was too busy looking at the GT race car that I didn’t see them walk right up to me.