ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2022

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Some of my photos so far
89ADD285-5944-44F7-952B-30A176347D0E.jpeg
4B9A15C6-AE1A-400A-B7CE-ADD1EEC57AB1.jpeg
12045092-0A64-41C2-8DF0-4F56ED71149C.jpeg
C8574921-E6F7-4F92-8FE5-E3D2AB420484.jpeg
C6D1B560-5EC9-40E7-B9EB-2B3BE0F4B8D7.jpeg
FDC461A8-B304-47A0-B440-D18FE2A53D23.jpeg
4E0EB580-5712-42CF-BCDD-F6018D1DD5D2.jpeg
66A715EE-561A-4CA9-B68B-BB4DA5984E81.jpeg
AF2AAC51-6DD2-4756-89AA-A424A0B9E177.jpeg
373DE09C-CB8C-4495-8210-50B4C6353A6E.jpeg

182 Trophy
Any tips on attending for a FOS virgin? I can imagine I’m in for a nightmare parking. What’s the crack with food stalls etc?
Get in early for parking, its really not that bad. I recommend parking at Carpark A as its nice and flat. Carpark M is a bit hilly and can get a little muddy. Never actually bought any food at FoS as there too much to see to stop for food :)

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Get in early for parking, its really not that bad. I recommend parking at Carpark A as its nice and flat. Carpark M is a bit hilly and can get a little muddy. Never actually bought any food at FoS as there too much to see to stop for food :)
Thanks for that, we will get there as early as possible. It’s forecast to rain and my car is rear wheel drive! Don’t fancy a wet field with a slope!

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
It’s incredible how awesome BTCC used to be compared to now.

I don’t like hondas but that makes me want to buy one.

At the time they were viewed as tame following the Cossies & E30 M3. But still very trick with faster lap times on half the power.

I think the current ones all use the same engine to keep costs down irrespective of manufacturer.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Was like a convoy of Helicopter heading back from Goodwood at 08:15 this morning. 3 on the bounce.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I was at Goodwood today, it was ace. Car park M was pretty bumpy but the M135i coped ok. I was there for about 7 hours and just about saw everything. Didn't watch as much of the hill climb as I'd have liked, but I guess I'll watch all the highlights on Youtube.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Had a good day allround.

Do struggle to see anything meaningful. Find yourself 20 feet away from the action watching the big screen.

The new electric revolution a bit souless with lack of noise. Dont even know they are running. Very Quick though.

Those Singers 911's are amazing was a few inc the new Turbo Concept.

Plenty of Mac F1. That gold lined engine bay never gets old.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
My Sisters BF works Goodwood every year so the last couple of times I’ve got free tickets. Annoyingly he handed me an extra 2 this morning. It’s a great event however it’s getting so busy now. You struggle to see anything on the hill if you don’t have Grandstand tickets. Had a chat with Travis Pastarana today. He is always a nice dude to talk to.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Just watched the top ten fastest runs. The electric stuff is impressive, but the sound of the 911 GT3 made me not care about them at all.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
We had a great day Saturday. My 12 year old bloody loved it. But I’d have to agree it’s bloody hard to see anything over the hay bales. I’d 100% recommend it, we were lucky to get free tickets through a customer at work. Next year I will buy some seated tickets so we can see more. Car of the event for me was the Singer Porsche! What a beautiful thing. I did really enjoy some of the 90’s Touring cars and the vintage group B rally cars. T16 being just fav. The electric cars were mind blowing especially being stood at the start for the mental one (forget it’s name). I have never seen anything so fast from a standing start in my life. It literally blew my mind.

Food there was ridiculously over priced and frankly s**t. Great, albeit very long day.

182 Trophy
Overall a great day at FoS today. Gotta love all the Mclaren F1s and LM cars on display. The highlight would probably be the Valkyrie start up, I was semi deaf for a couple of minutes after recording it.

Travis Pastrana is a top bloke, finally got an autograph and photo with him today after a failed attempt last year. Some great vehicles in the paddock this year however I'm not sure if any one else agrees, this year felt a little lacking compared to last. Almost as if with each year there are less manufacturer exhibit stands. Also £8 for 2 scoops of ice-cream? That's a bit rich.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Overall a great day at FoS today. Gotta love all the Mclaren F1s and LM cars on display. The highlight would probably be the Valkyrie start up, I was semi deaf for a couple of minutes after recording it.

Travis Pastrana is a top bloke, finally got an autograph and photo with him today after a failed attempt last year. Some great vehicles in the paddock this year however I'm not sure if any one else agrees, this year felt a little lacking compared to last. Almost as if with each year there are less manufacturer exhibit stands. Also £8 for 2 scoops of ice-cream? That's a bit rich.
I agree. Food is way way way over priced. And the manufacturer stands were lacking this year. It’s a great event I can’t complain too much as I’ve been for free a couple of times. However I wouldn’t go out my way to pay to go.
Out of the meetings they do. The Revival is the best in my opinion to visit.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S

I agree other than the massive Land Rover stand they were all a bit poor. Even BMW’s, considering it was a celebration of BMW M cars.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Brilliant day yesterday at FOS.

Always a great day but, regrettably, I did have an experience with some mongs after my previous posts - @MarkCup , you were right. Bit pissed, being a bit loud and obnoxious during the shootout kind of pissed me off. We were stood by T1 and they kept trying to jump up the side of Moss stand. Unneccesary and dumb. But I digress....

The BMW stand was good but also not. Suddenly they started blasting music from a live DJ. Ive heard better singing from my cat. Instant turn off. The M3 touring, definitely better in the flesh. The buggs teeth im still not keen on. The seats though - WOW. Best seats ive ever sat in. Ever ever.

Other than those minor things, it was great as always. Definitely busier than the last few times ive been but maybe thats to be expected from a Sunday. Tonnes of pictures. £11 for a duck wrap was a piss take but at least it tasted nice.

The McMurty though. The f**k. I remember seeing it last year but this year was something else. I had to google it when I got home as I was so baffled at how it managed to corner so quickly. It has a very powerful electric fan, much like that F1 car that was banned, to give it extra downforce. It creates 1 tonne of downforce just stood still and 2 tonnes at 130mph. Seeing as it weighs under 1000kg, I gather it could drive on a ceiling :ROFLMAO:
I honestly kept having to do double takes. Its a bit like watching a video thats sped up. Truly wild. If that is the future of electric, im kind of there. It sounded like a jet engine!

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Brilliant day yesterday at FOS.

Always a great day but, regrettably, I did have an experience with some mongs after my previous posts - @MarkCup , you were right. Bit pissed, being a bit loud and obnoxious during the shootout kind of pissed me off. We were stood by T1 and they kept trying to jump up the side of Moss stand. Unneccesary and dumb. But I digress....

The BMW stand was good but also not. Suddenly they started blasting music from a live DJ. Ive heard better singing from my cat. Instant turn off. The M3 touring, definitely better in the flesh. The buggs teeth im still not keen on. The seats though - WOW. Best seats ive ever sat in. Ever ever.

Other than those minor things, it was great as always. Definitely busier than the last few times ive been but maybe thats to be expected from a Sunday. Tonnes of pictures. £11 for a duck wrap was a piss take but at least it tasted nice.

The McMurty though. The f**k. I remember seeing it last year but this year was something else. I had to google it when I got home as I was so baffled at how it managed to corner so quickly. It has a very powerful electric fan, much like that F1 car that was banned, to give it extra downforce. It creates 1 tonne of downforce just stood still and 2 tonnes at 130mph. Seeing as it weighs under 1000kg, I gather it could drive on a ceiling :ROFLMAO:
I honestly kept having to do double takes. Its a bit like watching a video thats sped up. Truly wild. If that is the future of electric, im kind of there. It sounded like a jet engine!
It’s mad isn’t it! Bloke stood next to me when it launched of the start line…we just looked at each other with our jaws on the floor! It was mind blowing in its absolute purist sense. My little lad asked if it was jet powered… must feel like your eyeballs are pushing out the back of your skull launching that from a standing start

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
It’s mad isn’t it! Bloke stood next to me when it launched of the start line…we just looked at each other with our jaws on the floor! It was mind blowing in its absolute purist sense. My little lad asked if it was jet powered… must feel like your eyeballs are pushing out the back of your skull launching that from a standing start
I didnt get to see it launch unfortunately other than the videos. But the videos tell you enough! Having actually been stood at that start line, you get a much better idea of scale. The way it does even the first 60ft is nuts. I'd love to see a Draggy time :ROFLMAO:

Just popping off to see my accountant about running one through the company. 2% BIK dont you know :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(Couldnt find a price of it anywhere!)