ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD2 or Toyo Proxes

I have proxies and they seem ok but I cant compare them to anything as the other tyres on the willie were knackerd

One thing I will say is high speed corners seem to be a problem - I cannot corner on long bends at anywhere near the same speed as my old Fiesta RST with A539s.

I get a "floaty" feeling and if i push it anymore I slide - its a bit un-nerving. Never happened on my knackered Michs that were the willie when i bought it.

ive just put 4 f1s on the Cup and now its stopped tracking across the rd at every groove in the rd, and wheelspins less and is much better in the wet....alll around good but not cheap...but with no ABS ill take anything to help.

996 Carrera

Ive got the F1s on the front - agree with mo-- that it doesnt tramline so much.

Although I was at a track driving academy on Saturday (my first one) and they seemed to deform a lot - Ive got scratches over the Goodyear lettering on the side of each tyre!

Ive got 34psi in them now - might put a bit more in to stiffen them up.

Quote: Originally posted by monkeymagic on 22 July 2003

Ive got the F1s on the front - agree with mo-- that it doesnt tramline so much.

Although I was at a track driving academy on Saturday (my first one) and they seemed to deform a lot - Ive got scratches over the Goodyear lettering on the side of each tyre!

Ive got 34psi in them now - might put a bit more in to stiffen them up.
Did you increase the pressure for the trackday? On average you should put an extra 8-10psi in each tyre to prevent that (this is what I was told at palmersport) for track use. How true this is I dont know but ive always done this.