ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got a new key

Clio 172 mk2 & Clio 3 DCi
Evening All

Bought a new key for my non starting 172 last night. Renault have said that they need the car as well to code it in?. What exactly do they do to it as shouldnt the key already be coded to the car?.

Cheers
Dave

bugger, have to take it in that case. thought it would be something simple. doesnt seem to be liking my current key much.
oh well have to give them a call then.

Contact a local lock smith. They will probably come to the car, Cut the key and programme it (local guy i use does) and cheaper than Renault + if it does not go i guess it would need to be recoverd to them.

just tried it with the new key and it starts!. did put the blade in from the old spare key though.
goes to show renault are full of crap then, lol.

weather it starts in the morning is a different thing though!

is strange, hopefully it gets me home in a minute. not had the key coded in though, just tried it on the off chance that it might work.