ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got a problem with my amp?

V70 d5 beast
hi i got a problem with my amp i think as when i start my car up the amp will work my sub for a couple of seconds then it goes into protection mode?

i got a power cap installed aswell and it dropped down to something around 8-9volts which is when it would cut it out.
so i disconnected the power cap and it still cut out,so thats eliminated the power cap.
i've checked all the wiring from the amp and all seem ok,
i've got a second amp powering my other speakers and connected my sub to it...and it worked fine and didn't cut out or anything...

so i'm guessing there must be like a open circuit insde the amplifier its self?

any help? i got a voodoo amp 1000watt bridged to 500rms and my sub is ummm 12 inch spl 2000watt peak and 1000-1500rms?
cheers simon

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
hi i got a problem with my amp i think as when i start my car up the amp will work my sub for a couple of seconds then it goes into protection mode?

i got a power cap installed aswell and it dropped down to something around 8-9volts which is when it would cut it out.
so i disconnected the power cap and it still cut out,so thats eliminated the power cap.
i've checked all the wiring from the amp and all seem ok,
i've got a second amp powering my other speakers and connected my sub to it...and it worked fine and didn't cut out or anything...

so i'm guessing there must be like a open circuit insde the amplifier its self?

any help? i got a voodoo amp 1000watt bridged to 500rms and my sub is ummm 12 inch spl 2000watt peak and 1000-1500rms?
cheers simon

oh no! voodoo mate! i have the exact same amp i think (can you get a pic up?) and i had the exact same problem, where did u buy it? i bought mine of a dude i met randomly so dont know where it came from but i think they are just s**t amps, i brought mine into college and the electrical technician in my lab had a butchers and soldered in some new output transistors which seems to have solved the problem.

V70 d5 beast
oh rite..i haven't got a pic of it but it's a bright red colour with white writing on it..i thought something had burnt out as it always got too hot when driving for an hour then it would cut out..
i bought mine off ebay about a year ago but they aren't on there anymore

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
oh rite..i haven't got a pic of it but it's a bright red colour with white writing on it..i thought something had burnt out as it always got too hot when driving for an hour then it would cut out..
i bought mine off ebay about a year ago but they aren't on there anymore

sounds the same as mine, think we have bought shite amps lol