ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my New Road Angel!

Very impressed with it so far.. told me about all cameras Ive come across.. (and it hasnt been updated!) - also a few blackspots have been going off, hehe.

Registered online today, so should be able to update it tomorrow using the software.

Very easy to install - just plugged it in, put it on the cradle which suckers too the windscreen and its done. This is what swung it for me, I didnt want a load of wires when I moved it from car to car - with this, its one power cable and thats it.. amazing.
It isnt too big either which is what some people said was a down side?.

Anyways, Ill get some pics online soon.. of it in the car etc..

Definetly seems like a good bit of kit. It bitches (beeps like mad, getting quicker coming to camera, screen turns red) until you come to the camera no matter what speed yer doing, so if the speed limit changes, it doesnt give you false hope that you are under what it thinks is the limit! Then it returns to normal blue screen with just your current speed on it!

Thanks to Has (Clio16vSport) for getting it for me.. Everyone who wants on, PM HIM! Itll be cheaper than it is anywhere else!

[Edited by Daz on 30 June 2004 at 5:02pm]

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

have been trying out my hubbys one in my car.......but find it doesnt work properly because of the reflective windscreen.

When it eventually picks up the satellites it only warms about fixed cameras...and i already know where they are.

I have it mounted right in front of the clear square on the lower middle part of my screen but then the wipers get in the way of it picking up the radar from mobile cameras......

anyone else have this problem ???

glad to hear youve got yours working ok though !:D

If you have that windscreen, you need the external GPS mouse.. cant remember how much it costs..

That windscreen is more trouble than its worth, heh..

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

its an arse ..... think ill just give it back to him and keep my eyes open instead !!

have fun with yours though !:D

skoda and audi

Ive had a roadangel for about a year now and when placed directly underneth the clear square its always work fine.The mobile detector which comes with it is pretty useless as when it picks up a mobile laser gun its too late its already got your speed.

GR7

Shiny red R32

I read in this weeks Auto Express that they are thinking about making them illegal!!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

they would have a job, to many about at the moment for them to be illegal, if they were illegal when they first came out then fine, but people are useing it for saftey if they were to think of banning them thye might also think about banning seatbelts.

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 30 June 2004

I read in this weeks Auto Express that they are thinking about making them illegal!!
Theyd have to make "Speed Camera Signs" Illegal then too.. its only doing the same thing, except, they cant fool ya like they can with signs!

Lee

BMW M2C

I dont see how they could make a GPS based one illegal anyway.

Mine is a great safety aid. In Scotland it told me where all the accident black spots were so I was extra vigilant.