ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got myself a megane.

Ph2 Meg 225
A facelift 225 lux to be exact.
I'd done everything I wanted to my flame red Clio and decided it was time for a change so hunted for a megane for a while, originally wanted an r26 but the extra cost on insurance wasn't worth it. (I'm only 21)

So picked this one up on Tuesday and its in really good condition for its age, 62,000 miles ish plenty of service stamps and receipts and more or less exactly what I want. There's a couple of bits to do like a pair of tyres and some touching up to do at the bottom of the door but that's about it.

Already has wind deflectors and aux adaptor.
I've done a full interior led lights swap and currently repainting the gear stick insert.

Plans are:
Genuine mats
Paint/ refurb calipers
Maybe a blow off valve
Maybe r26r spoiler

Excuse the photos, spent all day polishing it and started getting dark.
So out with the old:

photo%202_2.jpg

photo%203_2.jpg

And in with the new:

image3.jpg

IMG_8288.jpg

IMG_8294.jpg

ECEAAF88-F763-437A-9D69-75717BC65DCC.jpg

IMG_8295.jpg

IMG_8292.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Very nice mate, congrats!! I was still driving a 1.2 Clio at 21. Lol.
I really badly want a 225, I may have to scratch the itch soon as treads like this aren't helping!!

Ph2 Meg 225
Very nice mate, congrats!! I was still driving a 1.2 Clio at 21. Lol.
I really badly want a 225, I may have to scratch the itch soon as treads like this aren't helping!!

Cheers mate! Cars are my passion as such, don't drink don't smoke etc so all my money is spent on them.

It's worlds apart from the Clio, a much more nicer place to be and everything feels of a better quality. Only had it since Tuesday but love it so much already

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Standard or played with? Only ask as in terms of speed there's nothing in it, imo. Do feel more grown up which I could probably do with at some point lol

Ph2 Meg 225
Meganes standard, Clio just had uprated engine mounts and an induction kit. I wouldn't say there's too much in it just don't have to rev the Meganes balls off to progress. Id say it's an around better car but I may miss the go kart feel of the Clio

Meganes standard, Clio just had uprated engine mounts and an induction kit. I wouldn't say there's too much in it just don't have to rev the Meganes balls off to progress. Id say it's an around better car but I may miss the go kart feel of the Clio

You'll definitely miss it. I went from a 182 to an FN2 type r and I miss that go kart feel

Ph2 Meg 225
That looks lovely, and looks more R26 than 225. I really need to learn my differences.
With this being a facelift There's not that much difference, I believe it's just the recaros, lsd and suspension. Visually the same as this has the same wheels etc

I'll try and get some better pictures later :)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Very nice mate. Wish they did the R26 in that colour.

What springs is it on? How's the ride/ability to get over bumps?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Will be keeping an eye out for a short shifter, definitely needed! Does it put strain on the box like some of the Clio ones do?
Getting myself one. £60 exchange. Can give you his contact details?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Not seen many in that colour, looks nice with the darker wheels.

Will keep my eye on this as a 225 is next on the cards for me.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Had a look under it earlier, has cooksports on it

First update, repainted the gear stick insert as it had worn away. Put a sticker on and lacquered over it. Looks much better on my opinion!

IMG_8299.jpg

IMG_8301.jpg
Cooksports are like gold dust! Waiting on stock for mine but might end up getting h and r

Good work on the gear stick

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Meg looks lovely, it is alibi blue which was dropped on the r26 so should be quite a rare colour as the phase 1 225 were arctic blue. Deffo get it mapped they go really well with a few more horses.

Ph2 Meg 225
Couple of updates since last time, boring bits first. It's had:
-a full set of Goodyear eagle f1 assymetric 3's
-new front discs, pads and brake fluid.
-mr pink stainless brembo pins

Next up, wasn't a fan of the battery on show with it being bright blue so fitted a battery cover from an early megane. The fixing holes didn't line up on the Ecu so I made a metal bracket to accommodate them. I used the same fixing clips used on the bay plastics to keep it oem.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Wasn't a fan of the cable car aerial so got a type r on.

image.jpeg

After having new shiny brakes on the front, the rears were letting it down with the rusty look so painted the discs and calipers. No before photos sadly but you get the idea.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The only thing letting the wheels down (besides kurb marks) were the rusty wheel bolts. Ordered some tpi polarised ones as I'm not a fan of chrome, pricey at £69 for a full set including locking wheel nuts but worth it in my opinion!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Some before shots of the rusty nuts:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ph2 Meg 225
And some after shots, car needs a clean so excuse the dirt.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Aswell as this I added a little detail in the engine bay, all the emblems on the caps are yellow apart from the coolant cap, I therefore got a yellow touch up pen and painted it myself.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ph2 Meg 225
Keep finding more photos so I'll carry on! I've also done a full led lighting upgrade consisting of:
-front side lights (osram LEDs used as they have 5 year warranty and are a pig to swap)
-rear numberplate lights (osram LEDs)
-boot light
-glovebox light
-door puddle lights
-interior roof lights
- sun visor lights were done by previous owner.

Few pictures but you get the idea
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And finally a couple of photos of the car as it stands minus the wheel bolts as I took the photos when I cleaned the car the other day and I only fitted the bolts this morning.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Such a nice colour
Which sidelight bulbs did you use? Changed mine a couple of times now and had LED ones and they looked proper halfords so put the originals in again but don't match the white main beam
You got a shortshift yet? They're brilliant

Ph2 Meg 225
R spoiler would finish that off!
Been thinking that myself but some days I like the look of it without so can't decide!

Such a nice colour
Which sidelight bulbs did you use? Changed mine a couple of times now and had LED ones and they looked proper halfords so put the originals in again but don't match the white main beam
You got a shortshift yet? They're brilliant

Cheers mate! The osram w5w 6000k I believe they are, I'll try find a link if you need one? They're much better than the cheap eBay ones and are a nice white. They're around £10 but with them having a 3-5year warranty you can fit and forget them and not have the usual flickering after a month.

Not yet, still want one but getting the car aesthetically how I like it first, started collecting some parts for an induction though ;)

Ph2 Meg 225
have you thought about adding some custom pedals to your megane :wink:

www.laser-man.co.uk/carparts

Sorry mate didn't see this yesterday! My pedals are surprisingly in very good condition so it's not something I'd look it to changing yet but will keep you in mind if I run out of things to do! :)
Very nice upgrade, enjoy it.
That 172 was stunning.

Cheers mate! Still have a soft spot for it when I see the new owner posting photos of it