ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got new bonnet catch and still takes 2 to open !

Clio 172 Phase 2
Ok so I put a new bonnet catch on. The actual 1 attached to bonnet. The spring catch one on engine bay is fully working.bonnet still doesn't sit flush to body. I've adjusted the bonnet hight rubber things. Still no joy. Still doesn't pop open with the cab release leaver.

Fully clean and greased etc. just wondering does the engine bay catch have washers imbetween frame and catch. Might try that to lower the mechanism.

Im starting to lose the plot with this now, of there anyone local to fareham that could look would be a great help

​Cheers Carlos

Nah thought about putting washers into lower it. Don't no how to adjust the slam panel. U got any pics ?

$(KGrHqN,!iMFDykz1Vi9BRCmimfru!~~60_1.jpg

look for that bit^ (just under the grille in the middle where the catch goes into, then there are 2 x 10mm bolts to loosen so you can adjust the position of that bit so the catch sits properly in it

you are looking for this:

clio.gif

the part above is underneath that part of the grille

Clio 172 Phase 2
ok cool yea i noticed when the bolts are loose it can move to diff postions, just trying to work the right one out

Clio 172 Phase 2
Wll I put washed in between panel and catch. Bonnet now flush. But still don't pop open unless some 1 pulls bonnet

definitely mis-aligned

This mate

Like I said adjust that bit, best way is to loosen the bolts so the part moves freely (but keep the bolts in) then drop your bonnet shut, it will self locate, pop your bonnet, tighten bolts, and check to see if its working properly

Then if needs be make fine adjustments until the bonnet pops up when you pull the lever, but stays shut when you shut it

Hope this helps

Clio 172 Phase 2
ok cheers guys getting the slowly, at least the bonnets flush now !! will crack on with the alignment technique spinksy 92 said about tomoz after work.

This car been a nightmare since i brought it lol, next step is to diagnose why there rattling/vibrations in 1st and 2nd gear when i give it some.