ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grand Theft Auto V

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The multiplayer aspect looked absolutely crazy at the end; looking out of the window and seeing an online world just zipping by.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
After watching the gameplay I might have to get this.

​Wasn't a massive fan of the previous couple of games though, felt they were pretty samey. Hopefully this will rekindle my love for the game though.

Evo 5 RS
The multiplayer aspect looked absolutely crazy at the end; looking out of the window and seeing an online world just zipping by.

Yeah but it is all staged in house. Not saying that couldn't happen but it's their job to make it look good. Half the time you'll be trying to figure out what to do with yourself lol. The 3 character system looks like the perfect opportunity for co-op though, now that would be amazing.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah but it is all staged in house. Not saying that couldn't happen but it's their job to make it look good. Half the time you'll be trying to figure out what to do with yourself lol. The 3 character system looks like the perfect opportunity for co-op though, now that would be amazing.

I love how you can link between the 3 characters at any point in the game, and they're getting on with their own lives. I'm sure it's somewhat scripted in that the set tasks they are doing are linear to a point, but it's all very clever.

Evo 5 RS
Yeah I thought so, and yeah I'd imagine it's just scripted as it would be for any pedestrian but with some elevated naughtiness. Would be pretty cool to be driving along and see one of the other characters in a bust up across the street lol.

Mito Sportiva 135
Have to say this looks very good - and I've not been interested in the previous few games either.

I would still like to see the game in another setting though but understand America is what the masses expect and gives it a distinctive look and feel.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
Game would be far to difficult if they set it in Glasgow though. You'd be mugged/stabbed/dead every 30 seconds.

So what is stopping you driving off, finding your mates and beating the s**t out of them lol.

Evo 5 RS
Have to say this looks very good - and I've not been interested in the previous few games either.

I would still like to see the game in another setting though but understand America is what the masses expect and gives it a distinctive look and feel.

I was keen on seeing The Get Away come to light for PS3 (after seeing it at the consoles expo however many years ago). But turns out it was just pipe dreams. Hopefully there will be something similar for next gen.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I was keen on seeing The Get Away come to light for PS3 (after seeing it at the consoles expo however many years ago). But turns out it was just pipe dreams. Hopefully there will be something similar for next gen.

Me too!! I absolute loved the getaway and the getaway 2. There was so much talk about 3 for the ps3 and there were a few screenshots kicking around on tinternet. I was gutted when it didn't materialise.

Mito Sportiva 135
Game would be far to difficult if they set it in Glasgow though. You'd be mugged/stabbed/dead every 30 seconds.

So what is stopping you driving off, finding your mates and beating the s**t out of them lol.

I am thinking more than just outside America - what about different timeframes - Victorian England, a future metropolis, a Caribbean pirate setting etc.

Hell why even limit it to Earth - you could have a Total Recall style setting on Mars...where you're new to the planet and gangs and corporations are vying for power.

Obviously there are limits and could run the risk of walking too far away from what a quintessential GTA is, but think there's scope beyond a modern or recent past American city.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
I agree, but to much risk for a franchise to walk away from the guaranteed $$$ I expect. Thats why we just see same old same old churned out over and over again and noone really trying anything revoloutionary.

I think it shows the most with new consoles. More next iteration than next generation.

Fiesta ST-2
Not sure I like the idea of having 3 main charecters to switch between, but I'm kinda interested in seeing what new ideas they implement around it.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
GTA 5 contains over 1,000 vehicular modifications
Grand Theft Auto 5′s producer and lead mission designer Imran Sarwar has said the game will contain over 1,000 modifications for your cars and motorbikes in the game.

Speaking with Game Informer, Sarwar said adding such vast customization options was something the team wanted to integrate fully within the game, not just tack on as an additional option.

“Rather than it simply being an additional option for players to experiment with, we wanted to expand it and integrate it more deeply into the game so that it would seamlessly slot in with everything else that the player can do in the world,” he said. “Some missions ask you to customize vehicles in certain ways, and we have taken vehicle customization in general a lot further than we did in San Andreas.”

Pay and Spray won’t be returning, instead it has been replaced by LS Customs, which are shops located throughout the world. Each is a “one-stop shop for any car customization,” said Sarwar.

“You will be able to take in your car or bike, speak to the mechanic, and customize them,” he explained. “In addition to the many cosmetic customization alterations such as body kits, paint jobs/finishes, wheels, exhaust tips, window tints, tire smoke color, bull-bars, extra lights, and lots of other extra accessories, we have modifications that will affect gameplay and vehicle performance.

“Some of the modifications that affect gameplay include brakes, engine tuning, suspension, horns, bulletproof tires, panel armor, and of course, a general repair. There are more than 1,000 modifications in total. And when you’re done customizing your car, you can take a picture of it using the in-game cell phone and upload them to the Social Club.”

Watched the trailer last night looks amazing!!! everything is stunning but one thing im not a fan of is changing players/characters in a mission, it's a good concept for more indepth gameplay and choosing your favourite thing to do in missions albeit sniping/stealth or balls to the wall/guns blazing but not a GTA thing.

I wish the 8-Ball shops would re-appear! used to love loading the cars up with bombs.

+1 Riding the Banshee iirc

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I am thinking more than just outside America - what about different timeframes - Victorian England, a future metropolis, a Caribbean pirate setting etc.

Hell why even limit it to Earth - you could have a Total Recall style setting on Mars...where you're new to the planet and gangs and corporations are vying for power.

Obviously there are limits and could run the risk of walking too far away from what a quintessential GTA is, but think there's scope beyond a modern or recent past American city.

you-went-full-r****d-never-go-full-r****d.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Sucks because I have a feeling my xbox is too tired for this :(.

Have to turn the piece of s**t on about 15 minutes before it'll read a disk now.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Just not sure I can justify buying a new xbox for 1 game lol.

I'll keep an eye out for some bargains though.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah Forza is all I'm interested in so another reason why I'm not sure as I'll be more interested in buying the new xbox and FM5 :p.

I'll see how much everyone raves on about it on release lol.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Can't you just buy a new hard drive for it rather than buying a new console, or can't you do that on the Xbox?

If that was to me it's not the storage reasons that I need a new console it's more the fact I feel my xbox is too tired to play the game. Although storage will also be an issue lol.