ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grand Theft Auto V

dk

911 GTS Cab
Well tens takes me up to 99, 1000 is a very different number, I'm sorry, but no single store will receive 1000 copies of a game, not even game I doubt. Maybe Oxford street.

RS6 C7
1000, piss off, there's no way a single store is getting 1000 copies of a game, even when cod was at its height, supermarkets were only receiving tens of them. Is this the biggest asda in the world?
Must be 1000

I went to a fifa launch ages a go at Asda with some mates and the Que was out the door and all the way upstairs, Bet there was 300-400 people there alone!

dk

911 GTS Cab
It just seems like a crazy number, happy to be proved wrong, but I've worked in plenty of retail stores, including the biggest comet in the country R.I.P. and we never saw anything like that number, most game launches we were lucky to get 5 copies of something.

RS6 C7
It just seems like a crazy number, happy to be proved wrong, but I've worked in plenty of retail stores, including the biggest comet in the country R.I.P. and we never saw anything like that number, most game launches we were lucky to get 5 copies of something.
I think it would depend what deals they have on them at the time too, Like that night Fifa was £25 which was £10 less than anywhere else.

Judging by the amount of people i saw at a Fifa launch I'm certain they would sell 1000 copies of GTA in a few days.

RS6 C7
asda_COD_queue.jpg

MW2 launch with people saying there was around 300 people there! http://www.avforums.com/forums/call-duty-cod-xbox-360/1085240-mw2-midnight-launch-thread-12.html

Games for the NES?

Abarth 595
1000, piss off, there's no way a single store is getting 1000 copies of a game, even when cod was at its height, supermarkets were only receiving tens of them. Is this the biggest asda in the world?

Way off the mark. The tesco I got MW2 from at midnight had 500 PS3 copies and even more Xbox copies.

RS6 C7
Fosse park is a big store, and 300 is still nowhere near 1000

Yes but 300 at midnight not including preorders. All Asda stores are of a similar size near here including Fosse park. Someone mentions 800 people in the thread.

Then they have the "normal" people who will come in the daytime.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Calm down no need to tell me to piss off mate, haha!

The woman working their last week told me thats how many they were getting, so she has either been mistaken or lied to me. However, it is a massive store, why does that sound like an unrealistic number?

10 years ago when san andreas came out i was 16, me and 2 mates walked down at midnight to buy it. We were just having a laugh about how times have moved on, back then we were txting each other on our Nokia phones as soon as we got in and had started playing etc. Now we can talk in a party through xbox live etc.

I did go down a few "cod's" ago and even then there was about 150-200 in the que.

Golf R/Leon FR
I queued for GTA IV at Tesco when it was released. Waited for 30 mins and they only got one copy of the game on each console. People were outraged lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
There is a video of it onYT that lasts like 90 minutes. I have literally no inclination to watch that!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Oh Tesco

Dispatched date 15/09/2013 Carrier NAEstimated delivery 13/03/2013

[h=3]Tesco[/h]

• [*=right]
    Items​
    £40.00
    [*=right]
    Delivery charges​
    £0.00
[h=3]Promotional Savings[/h]

• [*=right]
    Save £10 when you spend £40 or more at Tesco direct​
    -£10.00
    [*=right]
    Subtotal​
    £30.00

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Yeah I've been rinsing it for months, I don't know what you fags have been waiting for.....

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
LOL
Graeme Andrew Lee · Morecambe
Bit unfair how several people in this thread who have preordered after me got theirs early off amazon too....ill be writing them an email and if i dontget a dcent explanation ill no longer use amazon, i wouldnt mind if everyone is treat the same but clearly they have sent some out on saturday and not mine....
Reply · · 20 minutes ago

John Alkatraz · Top Commenter · Works at Zombie Response Team
are you really getting mad because you're not getting the game before its intended launch date?

what an actual tw** you are.
Reply · · 40 seconds ago

Secretly hoping mine turns up today, gonna be a tense day at work. Tracking number doesn't work yet though :(

Call me sad but im not gonna be able to sleep tonight knowing I could go out and buy it at midnight.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Secretly hoping mine turns up today, gonna be a tense day at work. Tracking number doesn't work yet though :(

Call me sad but im not gonna be able to sleep tonight knowing I could go out and buy it at midnight.

RM tracking never seems to work until it's been delivered, and that's only to confirm the delivery