ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grand Theft Auto V

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Went home at lunch just to see if it had arrived. And it had!!!!!!

Now I'm back at work wishing I was at home playing it.
(Tesco btw)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've seen the video before Scutch, and understand the issues stem from the fact that if you install both the mandatory disc and 'play' disc to the HD then the game is reading data (for different in game parts) from the same source causing the lag issues.

What I am curious about though is do you still get these lag issues from playing via the disc only? (like previous GTA's)
If so, it seems a potential solution to play via a fast USB Drive as illustrated in the video. Just curious how everybody has chosen to play it, 16:30 can't come soon enough!

Yeah I also thought the disc play would have caused problems. I have a USB but TBH for what it's worth to the naked eye I doubt playing from the disc will cause too much of a problem for anyone.

Looking at the videos I doubt very much I would even notice the issues mentioned playing from the disc or the HDD.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
i'm tempted to install to a memory stick tbh. After the incident with F1 2011 and my kids deciding to play air hockey with the disc.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'll be playing it off the disk, no USB business.
Can't even tell the difference!

This!

And the missions are the best bit. Messing around soon gets boring, Italy be different with 5 though ;)

Evo 5 RS
lol @ Cookie's post lady not being able to lift the bags.

Needs sacking. LOL see what I did there...

I'm half and half. I'll no doubt get b**ched at if I rock indoors and turn on the playstation. Tough s**t TBH

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
May 2011 this thread was started, with rumours of an early 2012 release. Here we are in Q3/Q4 of 2013 :cool:

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
My plans for GTA V...

Equip a hand gun, walk out into the streets and shoot as many people as I can. When the cops show up carjack someone and go top speed till I lose them. Ditch the car and jack a new fancy one to pick up a hooker and once she sucks me off beat her to death, steal her cash and go get high and ride bikes. After all that go to Tesco, pick up the game and go home to play it.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Not sure if it was worse when I didn't know if it had arrived, or now that I know it's at home and I can't play it.

This will be a long afternoon at work.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Got it from the G/F so not sure my old one had no hard drive lol .

So you need 7.8 GB hard drive to play the game ?

Alan

I don't know what size hard drive your machine is mate. The 360 comes in all sorts of sizes, HD wise. Some have only 4GB.

When did you buy it?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Got it from the G/F so not sure my old one had no hard drive lol .

So you need 7.8 GB hard drive to play the game ?

Alan

I'd say 8GB in total to compensate for save files etc. The HD will probably be adequate but you could do with loading the console up, going to system settings and check available space prior to buying this game.

Evo 5 RS
I'd say 8GB in total to compensate for save files etc. The HD will probably be adequate but you could do with loading the console up, going to system settings and check available space prior to buying this game.

lol why? Like there's anything more important worth saving over this.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
You can also take photos with the in-game camera, and selfies! LOL.

We so need a separate thread for those. Especially Trevor infront of people he's murdered.

Michael here at Rex's Diner
0_0.jpg

Lol the amount of times in IV where I was driving at full speed down an empty, blurry road, then a building would render in front of you and you'd go flying through the windscreen.

OH! Can you wear seatbelts in V? ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
ok, this is the video game version of breaking bad, incredible in every way.

the level of detail is utterly astounding, get out of a car when you've been ragging it and you can hear the engine and exhaust cooling ticking as they cool down.

just stole a truck with piswasser pils beer on the side lol.

the vehicles are amazing, the driving is a lot better than previous games.

the only thing I'm stuck on is how to swim up when you are in water, and once i get to the top of the cable car and grab the parachute, how do i deploy it?

best lunch hour ever.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
ok, this is the video game version of breaking bad, incredible in every way.

the level of detail is utterly astounding, get out of a car when you've been ragging it and you can hear the engine and exhaust cooling ticking as they cool down.

just stole a truck with piswasser pils beer on the side lol.

the vehicles are amazing, the driving is a lot better than previous games.

the only thing I'm stuck on is how to swim up when you are in water, and once i get to the top of the cable car and grab the parachute, how do i deploy it?

best lunch hour ever.

I don't often FLOL in text form, but FLOL @ reading that and reading prostitute instead of parachute.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
lol that in game camera thing could make for some some proper funnies.

Definitely. Even just imagining some of the situations is great.

It was good enough taking pictures of funny things in Skyrim, but this will be on another level with selfies.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Game on its way LOL

So I need to find 8 GB

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Lunch hour. f**k me are people really going home for their lunch just to play this lol

In fairness I went home to check it had arrived. Still in its wrapper though for when I get home, along with the guide book. I've got the kids tonight as well, so won't be on it until after 7.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
My plans for GTA V...

Equip a hand gun, walk out into the streets and shoot as many people as I can. When the cops show up carjack someone and go top speed till I lose them. Ditch the car and jack a new fancy one to pick up a hooker and once she sucks me off beat her to death, steal her cash and go get high and ride bikes. After all that go to Tesco, pick up the game and go home to play it.

That was funny, haha.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
There's going to be wifes/girlfriends all over the land getting put through by other blokes because of this game & that there man isn't a real one.