ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Green to Silver

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
My Mum asked me to give her car a good wash as it had been months since it had been washed and Algae had started to develop in the Door/Boot Shuts,

I used no real speacial methods or gear and took no pics during,

Method

Alot of Megs Shampoo and Hot Water and Paintbrush around all the Creases etc. to get rid of the Algae.
Megs Shampoo and Wash Mitt for a Generael Wash.
The Car had been broken into a few weeks ago so the Police came and took finger prints and the $hit they use was seriously stuck on and turned a rusty orange so I used Megs Clay and QD al over the Door/Door Shuts and gave the Front Wings and Bonnet a quick once over.
Rinsed it all and a light shampoo.
Dried it using a Waffle Cloth.
Bilberry Wheel Cleaner 1 part bilberry/5 parts water and left for 10 minutes ans then aggitated with Wonder Wheels Brush :)
PB Wheels Sealant.
Sprayed AG Tyre Dressing on and left.
SRP'd the car.
EGP'd and left for 45 minutes.
General Window Cleaner used on Glass while EGP was on.
Attempted to polish up the Exhaust but I had no Autosol so tried Braso which is useless :(
Time for a drink.
Wiped off the EGP.
R222 wax used.
Removed excess tyre dressing.

Sorry that went on longer than I thought :eek:

Pics before -

SNV31202.gif

SNV31203.gif

SNV31204.gif

SNV31205.gif

SNV31206.gif

SNV31207.gif

SNV31208.gif

SNV31209.gif

After -

SNV31210.jpg

SNV31211.gif

SNV31212.jpg

SNV31213.jpg

SNV31214.jpg

SNV31215.jpg

SNV31216.jpg

SNV31217.jpg

As I said nothing special and I find Silver such an unrewarding colour to detail :( but Mum is Happy and now she can sell it while it is clean :)

Cheers
Andy.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yeah there a few spots that need tidying up which is why I'm working on them to just sell it as its an ageing and dated looking car now which they've had 3 or 4 years

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
bilberry, yum ;)

looks good lad, well in, bring on the amg ;)

Trust me I'm working on it but I need to find a mint example at a good price for them to consider it as Dad Sold his Buisness 2 years ago so they have to watch how they spend and the Stock Market which he plays about on now isn't exactly and easy place to earn any money.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Is it still under the anti-corrossion warranty ?

Fook knows.... 7 Years old and owned for 3 or 4 themselves so unless Mercedes have a very good warranty plan I doubt it but I'll mention it to the old man

Maybe worth it tbh, although it probs has to be inspected every year & stamped, but if it has FMBSH it should be ok.

Dad Sold his Buisness 2 years ago so they have to watch how they spend and the Stock Market which he plays about on now isn't exactly and easy place to earn any money.

interestingly, exactly the same at this end, dad had a finance review the other day (couple of months back really) and came home, sold the rs4 and bought an oil chugger audi as the other car lol

off topic, but what the hell!

jamie

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Meh its my thread so I'll let it go ;)

I'll start a find my Mum a new car and see what CS can come up wit hand show them and I'll slip in a few AMG Wilcrads and Cross my Fingers :)

Mercedes C320!
hey... i work for mercedes and the anti corrison i believe is ten years... however you may need full main dealer history! Best thing is to take it down there and ask them!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
hey... i work for mercedes and the anti corrison i believe is ten years... however you may need full main dealer history! Best thing is to take it down there and ask them!

I'll send the parents in and see what they can do

That looked like hard work.

Top job

It was..... 1.5 Hours with a Paint Brush going around all the N ooks and Crannies getting rid of the Grime Build up.....Never will I allow her to do that to another car

Good work mate.

Cheers

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
EGP is a Sealant although I should've waited 24 Hours for it to "Cure" before applying the wax but it was just a 1 day detail as was off to Laura's that night.

Bumder With A Buffer
Yeah just realised after reading back through a thread I posted ages ago.. I get very confused with all this cleaning malarky!

Mine needs a chuffing good PC to be honest... noticed a load of markings on the piant work today and also have a mark in the rear panel where someone has scratched it :(

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Darren is your man as he has his G220 and will no doubt be up for it once we start to get some guaranteed nice weather...... Detailing become very addictive and I end up buying new stuff every month :(

Bumder With A Buffer
Same here... another 15 quid at the weekend on microfibres and some srp!

Need some to get some wax actually to have a play.. can I just use a normal pad for applying it? (sorry I've taken this o/t a bit!)

The Merc looks nice by the wat and so does the Jepp (or whatever it is) behind it :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Most Waxes come with a Pad with them.... I was recommend R222's which is what I got and very happy with the Results and its so easy to use,

Mitsi L200 Double cab Fella...... That'll be my next detailing mission LOL then Dad's Silver Volvo S40 :(

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I was going to say L200 actually but thought I was being too geeky :eek:

Cheers fo rthe heads up :)

LOL..... Its a state as just used for Shipping Crap around and the 5 dogs we have so it has alot of Dirt and Scuffs :(