ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grip in the Wet- Advice Needed

LY R26
looking for a little advice please, my car is ridiculously tail happy in the rain, i know that having no rear interior doesnt help.

Ive got the Koni Suspension adjusted to the stiffest setting and have 2 degrees negative camber.

If i soften the dampers up, will this give me more grip on the rear and make the car less tail happy?

i mean it handles fantasticly in the dry, but in the rain just ahve no confidence at all, and with knockhill on sat im getting a bit panicky considering the weather forecast

Many Thanks

Darren

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Seems every one has there own method of set-up but the following has worked well for me on the FK Koni adjustable coilovers

Damper settings -

Track day / Dry = Front 0% Stiff >> Rear - 85% Stiff

Track day / Damp = Front 0% stiff >> Rear - 15% stiff

Track day / Wet & standing water >> Front 0% stiff >> Rear 0% stiff

Standard camber on the rear & 1.8 degree's on the front

Currently using the Prada spec 2 tyres

LY R26
thanks for all the input, gonna have a mess around with it tomorrow when changing my wheels over for it, will take it to teh softest and go from there

Thanks

lift number 1 @ btm
If you are still finding the back lively, firm up the front and it will tend more towards understeer.